Author Thread: In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Admin

In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 9 May, 2012 03:25 PM

5/9/12 ~ MSN ~ Headline ~ In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage ~ In a landmark statement Wednesday, Barack Obama changed his stance & became the first US president to endorse the right of same-sex couples to marry.

*** Why did he change his stance ???...:rolleyes:...Is it to Gain the "popular" Vote or to allow the Vote to "popular" the Gain ???...either way...In a First...I've ever seen a President of the USA to Sway to Wishy~:angeldevil:~Washy...:prayingf:...What yall think about this ???...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 08:14 PM

Fair enough. My whole point about gay marriage is that its a personal conviction. I mean i really wouldnt care if it got banned in america. Save for one thing..........

I dont believe for one second that most of the christians who vote against gay marriage are doing so to honor god. Ive been in way too many churches and ive seen the way christians get about this issue. They are voting out of fear. Fear that their version of the american way of life is being threatened. Fear that thousands of gay married couples will descend on their towns if gay marriage is allowed.

They are not doing this for God. They are doing it for themselves. Out of their own anger and rage and fear of this particular sin. And i can see that. If i thought for one second that most of those who oppose gay marraige were truly trying to honor God i may think different. But theyre not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 08:21 PM

I wanted to add something. Part of the reason i applaud obama for what he did is that im so sick of christian republicans mis reppin Jesus. I mean have you seen how fired up people get? Where is that same fire and protest against poverty and disease?? I have yet to see a group or at least a large group of christians take to the streets in anger because kids in ethopia are not being fed. But when gay weddings make the news they are all up in arms. Its just wrong.

Im not saying any of this is your fault. But after over 5 years in the Christian world i become dis illusioned. I guess my support for Obamas words is my way of saying " TAKE THAT NEOCONS".

But i am not angry with you personally and i apologize for amy rudeness

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 08:29 PM

I think a mistake you make is assuming the majority of people who claim to be Christians are actually Christians. You will know them by their fruit. If a life is marked by not caring if they honor God or not, then you can pretty much bet they aren't a Christian. Whether most who are against gay marriage do it to honor God or not is irrelevant because God has already given us the standard. The standard doesn't change simply because some people's hearts aren't in the right place. Like I said, there are those who are extreme and exercise a form of homophobia and that is wrong as well. This doesn't mean that gay marriage should be legalized even if some vote against if out of fear.

"I have yet to see a group or at least a large group of christians take to the streets in anger because kids in ethopia are not being fed."

True and this should be addressed...However more giving goes on behind the scenes than you would think. A person doesn't have to be screaming loudly about an issue to be making a difference.

"But when gay weddings make the news they are all up in arms. Its just wrong."

Agreed, but it's not an exact analogy either. You see, supporting gay marriage is an open promotion of sin. We should speak up against that when it makes the headlines. It's not as if americans are vocally supporting poverty and Christians are turning a blind eye. So the two aren't exactly the same.

No offense taken

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 08:33 PM

Also, I would submit that a lot more is given to the poor and starving by Christians than any other people group. Can we do more? Of course, we can always do more. However, believers are the most giving people in existence.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 03:29 PM

Idk. I was homeless on the street myself and i can tell you from expirence that democratic and liberal folks gave me way more help than christians. Also the police harrasement of the homeless usually goes on in more conservative areas. Also if someone calls the cops on you because youre a homeless person, you can bet your bottom dollar it wasba conservative. Just my expierence

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 03:31 PM

Was a conservative that is. Sorry bout the typo

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 04:24 PM

Honestly...that all sounds a bit silly to me. I'm not trying to be mean, but this does not seem in touch with reality. It seems as if you will say whatever is necessary to make your side look like the better Christians...

You didn't refute any of the points I made about Christians giving out of the loving heart. As far as cops harassing...It happens..It's far less prevalent than than people like to claim. You can bet that usually when people are complaining of harassment, they are often liberal. I've been called racists countless times. I've been told I'm harassing countless times. None of those times did the title ever fit. Most of these people were liberal...

In other words, they often whine about problems that don't exist or make minor problems seem like huge ones.

Again, not trying to be mean. You just don't seem to be in touch with reality on this issue.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 04:35 PM

Brother what do you mean?? I lived this. I dont know what stats say but in the REAL STREETS democratic people help you out way more than conservatives. also it IS neocons who call the cops when they see homeless people on a street corner.

How you gonna say im not speaking reality. I lived this. I didnt just read am article about it. I lived it

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 04:44 PM

Living and understanding are two different things. I will admit that often times help in streets comes from liberals because often times it's liberals who are in the streets. Yes conservatives call on the homeless, for the most part when they are loitering or drinking, etc. I have rarely ever responded to a call involving a homeless person where the person wasn't actually committing the offense that caused the call to begin with. This is not harassment. It's not inherently wrong for a conservative to call the police on the homeless. Having said that...I don't accuse a homeless of wrongdoing simply because they are homeless. I give everyone a fair chance. If they have done nothing wrong, then there is no issue. No doubt, you may have lived it and felt like you were being harassed(As I said, I've been told I'm harassing someone on numerous occasions) The problem is...I wasn't harassing and often the homeless person just wanted someone else to blame for the issue he/she caused.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 04:46 PM

Anyway, we have kind of taken this thread where it doesn't need to go. It's just silly to make the claim that Christians don't give and don't help the poor...while liberals do this awesome job of it. It's not grounded in any sort of fact

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7