Author Thread: In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Admin

In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 9 May, 2012 03:25 PM

5/9/12 ~ MSN ~ Headline ~ In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage ~ In a landmark statement Wednesday, Barack Obama changed his stance & became the first US president to endorse the right of same-sex couples to marry.

*** Why did he change his stance ???...:rolleyes:...Is it to Gain the "popular" Vote or to allow the Vote to "popular" the Gain ???...either way...In a First...I've ever seen a President of the USA to Sway to Wishy~:angeldevil:~Washy...:prayingf:...What yall think about this ???...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2012 07:59 PM

I couldnt care less if obama supports gays in the military. Or on the police force. Or on the fire department. You gonna stop a firefighter from saving your life if you see a rainbow tattoo on his arm?

Also you missed what i said homegirl. I have no trouble at all paying for a police force.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 02:48 AM

Whether you care if the person is gay or not tha saves your life isn't the issue. Sinners save lives every day and their lives will not be spared in the end(not just speaking of homosexuality here). Earthly life is not all there is. We as believers should be heavenly minded.

Also, she didn't misread you. You attempted to make an analogy between government forced giving to the poor and paying for a police force...

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 02:21 PM

Which is perfectly legitimate on my part. She dont wanna be "forced" thru taxes to pay for welfare but has no problem being "foced" to pay for a police force, firefighters, roads , and the space program. Totally hypocritical

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 02:31 PM

But back to you holdingouthope lemme ask you something. You say you are for smalll government. So why be so dogmatic about getting the govt to ban gay marriage. Is that battle not better fought on a personal and church front?

Banning gay marriage will do nothing to stop the sin of homosexuality. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Therefore a legal ban on gay marraige does nothing to help Jesus. Im not yelling im saying this nicely.

But honestly. I cant see how God benefits from this ban. If anything God is more concerned with the sin of homosexuality itself than he is with barring homosexuals from the legal benefits that come with modern day american marriage.

Now i want you to keep in mind as you respond that i am against gay marriage myself. But i just dont see the need to obsess and push for laws regarding it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 03:08 PM

It's not hypocritical because they are two very different things. You only keep focusing on the force aspect.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 03:23 PM

Small government would mean the government staying OUT of the equation at all and not trying to redefine marriage as it's been defined for thousands of years. I'm not sure how you think the government ACTING on this issue is a casing of small government.

No, banning gay marriage won't stop homosexuality, but that's not the point is it? There will always be sin. This is about the redefinition of marriage. This is about the promotion of sin, which from all indications, you support. You've defended it here for a whole thread. Ask, yourself...would Christ be defending it as you are? Allow gay marriage and watch the foundation of families crumble. You want so see a nation abandoned by God, then give yourselves over to this sort of thing. There are examples all throughout history.

This has nothing to do with how we can BENEFIT God and has everything to do with HONORING Him. We are of no benefit to Him. He is sovereign over all and doesn't NEED us. He does however demand, that we honor and obey...the price of which for not doing so is hell.

You are not against gay marriage if you defend it so. If you knew that it was an abomination you would be against it. You are the one who is pushing for laws...You want more laws to allow the marriage of homosexual couples...I'm not sure how you don't see that. The law on marriage does not discriminate. Every male has the opportunity to marry a female if he chooses. Every female has the opportunity to marry a male if she chooses. That goes for EVERYONE. It's not discrimination, but simply what marriage is. You would be okay with changing this. God set the standard a long time ago when he said they would leave their parents and become one. Do not twist it by thinking He was allowing man and man to join together.

The reason homosexuality is spoken against more than other sins in America is because it is the dominant and most forefront battle in our country today and it can literally destroy the fabric of the family in America. Here is a good article on the issue that Dr. Al Mohler wrote to CNN...I think it would benefit you to read this.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/21/my-take-the-bible-condemns-a-lot-but-heres-why-we-focus-on-homosexuality/

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 03:25 PM

Ohhhhhh youre a calvinist. I didnt know that

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 03:31 PM

Ok brother this righr here......your rant...mmis the very reason it is so hard to reach the common man for Christ. So lemme clarify a couple things a) i never defended gay marriage.

B) the stuff you are saying is simply a fear based repeat of something you heard on neocon radio. Gay marriage destroys american society? Your basis for this is what?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 03:51 PM

Is that you're response to my post? Is it because you are somehow aware that Dr. Mohler is reformed, that you think it's relevant to the issue?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 03:57 PM

"Ok brother this righr here......your rant...mmis the very reason it is so hard to reach the common man for Christ. So lemme clarify a couple things a) i never defended gay marriage."

Man is in sin. The gospel is the only message that saves. Somehow you seem to be making the case that if we speak against sin, we can't reach the common man. Man must know man is lost before man realizes his need for a Savior.

a) You defended the promotion of gay marriage by the president. It's cliche to ask this, but do you think Jesus would have done the same? The answers are clear in scripture.

I don't preach things I hear on the radio and hardly even listen to the radio. If what I say brings fear to you, then maybe you should question your heart. Being in sin before a Holy God is a fearful thing. You do know the whole reason Jesus had to come and die on a tree is for SIN, correct? If you want to preach the love of Christ, you have to preach what that love has saved us from...hell.

"Gay marriage destroys american society? Your basis for this is what?'

My basis is to watch what it will do to the family...Look through history at what rampant homosexuality has done to nations...look in scripture at what it has done to nations. Further, even if it never did destroy the family...it's still sin...but it destroys the family because it is not the design of the family that God has authored.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7