Author Thread: In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Admin

In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 9 May, 2012 03:25 PM

5/9/12 ~ MSN ~ Headline ~ In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage ~ In a landmark statement Wednesday, Barack Obama changed his stance & became the first US president to endorse the right of same-sex couples to marry.

*** Why did he change his stance ???...:rolleyes:...Is it to Gain the "popular" Vote or to allow the Vote to "popular" the Gain ???...either way...In a First...I've ever seen a President of the USA to Sway to Wishy~:angeldevil:~Washy...:prayingf:...What yall think about this ???...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 04:10 PM

Ok theres alot here so im just gonna stick with the gay marriage thing destroying societys for now. ( and btw i dont even know who dr mohler is. When you said " we are of no benefit to god" i recognized your calvinism).

But yo i have no idea what you are talking about. What societies have destroyed themseleves due to gay marriage. Or even homosexuality for that matter? You gotta start getting some better sources for your data.

Ive seen prominent right wing figures say this stuff before. And any half baked check on their info usually proves them wrong. In any case we are here to bring the love of jesus to people not to bring the long arm of the law. Thats been a big part of my point since the beginning of this thread.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 04:12 PM

I mean the things ylure saying here......this is just like when the pro life nutbags try to say that abortion causes breast cancer. Its just not true and does not help their case at all.p

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 04:40 PM

Okay this is simple. Scripture teaches parents to raise their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. To quote Paul Washer, "if you have a weak diet from the pulpit, you have weak men. If you have weak men, you have weak families. If you have weak families, you have a weak nation. And God gets no glory". Simply put, a homosexual family is the anti-family. It's completely opposite of what God designed.

Calvinism is not what teaches we don't benefit God, so idk how you claim to that conclusion. Sure the majority of reformed Christians believe it, but so do other denominations. How do we benefit God?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 05:10 PM

Brother i dont like homosexuality any better than you. I just dont see how imposing laws os going to help advance the cause of christ. If laws could draw us closer to christ certainly the law of moses would have done the trick

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 05:45 PM

If you do not see how imposing laws would advance the cause of Christ, then you should be against Obama's promotion of it. That is simple enough right? I mean you can say all you want that you are against gay marriage, but you call men who support it, men of courage. It's a sin...if you weren't defending it, you would have dropped the issue long ago.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 05:49 PM

In your opinion, what exactly is the cause of Christ?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 07:16 PM

To save all men. To turn all men to his ways therefore saving them. And right before he died , he looked into the future (2012 years later) and smiled on those who made it their mission to stop gay marriage

By the way arresting a homeless dude for panhandling is also a sin

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 08:23 PM

So you are content with taking jabs at me and don't actually care what the scriptures say?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 09:19 PM

Its you who is cherry picking scripture as if gay marriage is the begin all and end all of the cause of Christ......i got news for you......its not.

The cause of Christ is the spread of the gospel not the legal suppresion of sin. This is what drives me nuts about you neocons. If more people accept the gospel there will be less homosexuality going on anyway.

But with neocons its always a situation where you wanna outlaw sin......mand of course you cherry pick the sin you wanna outlaw. Now ill say it again ao you understand my position. I am against gay marraige but i am also against the christian attempts to ban it because i know they arent doing this to honor God. They are doing it based on their own fears and hatreds.

There is nothing that kills the cause of Christ more than republicanism in the church. Its hypocrotical. When you rep Jesus and you try to share the gospel with someone , your witness is ruined as soon as you identify as a republican. No one wants to listen to you about Christ after that because they know you aint following him yourself.

You see, most americans know enough about Jesus to know that he would not represent republicans. And heres the kicker...........youre not fooling the average conservative either!! The average republican knows he is not in line with jesus teachings so why would he wanna start coming to your church. He already has all your same values and opinions so why woukd he go to church to learn how to become what he already is??????

Yeah republican christianity is a joke

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2012 09:56 PM

"Its you who is cherry picking scripture as if gay marriage is the begin all and end all of the cause of Christ......i got news for you......its not."

I never made the case that it was or even hinted at it. It's sad that you are resorting to this.

Sorry, but you don't have to tell me about the power of the gospel to transform lives. You are the one as I have explained are supporting Obama in his desire to add laws..

"I am against gay marraige but i am also against the christian attempts to ban it because i know they arent doing this to honor God"

Right...you know why people do it...No, you'd just like to think this way so you can call Obama a man of courage. You support anything liberal are not concerned with Christ. Ironically, you charge conservatives with being against Christ. YOU PROMOTE THINGS SCRIPTURE CONDEMNS. YOU PRAISE MEN WHO PROMOTE THESE THINGS. SORRY BUT THAT DOES NOT ADVANCE THE CAUSE OF CHRIST. You think that because we are saved by grace and not morality, that morality doesn't matter at all. That's not what living under grace means.

"There is nothing that kills the cause of Christ more than republicanism in the church. Its hypocrotical. When you rep Jesus and you try to share the gospel with someone , your witness is ruined as soon as you identify as a republican. No one wants to listen to you about Christ after that because they know you aint following him yourself."

This here shows your whole agenda. It has nothing to do with Christ, but everything to do with your hatred and stereotyping of anything associated with conservatism. BTW, people hate the gospel because they hate God. They hate being told they are lost without hope. Whether you are conservative or liberal when giving the gospel is irrelevant. Please, I'd love to see the verse in scripture that says the gospel is dead if delivered by a conservative...Almost nothing you've said in the entire thread can be defended with scripture.

"You see, most americans know enough about Jesus to know that he would not represent republicans"

This is so silly. Jesus wouldn't be representing a political group. That's not what He was concerned with. However He was concerned with sin. You think it takes courage to promote sin(by your own admission). Most Americans know nothing about Jesus. They know the cute little stories they heard about in sunday school as a child.

"The average republican knows he is not in line with jesus teachings so why would he wanna start coming to your church. He already has all your same values and opinions so why woukd he go to church to learn how to become what he already is??????"

Think before you type please. Going to church is NOT about political affiliation. IDK where you get this stuff. Is this how you choose a church? Actually don't answer that...I know it's not because you think people go to churches where they disagree with what is taught. As you say...why would anyone go to a church they taught what they already believe? That is such silly thinking...if indeed it can be called thinking.

"Yeah republican christianity is a joke"

Agreed, but it's more sad than laughable that you think Christianity is about liberalism.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7