Author Thread: In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Admin

In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 9 May, 2012 03:25 PM

5/9/12 ~ MSN ~ Headline ~ In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage ~ In a landmark statement Wednesday, Barack Obama changed his stance & became the first US president to endorse the right of same-sex couples to marry.

*** Why did he change his stance ???...:rolleyes:...Is it to Gain the "popular" Vote or to allow the Vote to "popular" the Gain ???...either way...In a First...I've ever seen a President of the USA to Sway to Wishy~:angeldevil:~Washy...:prayingf:...What yall think about this ???...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 03:25 PM

Who told you i thought christianity was about liberalism? Im liberal on most things because Jesus is liberal on most things. The gay marriage issue is the only issue republicans have it right on.

But liberalism is not the enemy.........sin is. And we are not called to fight sin thru the law. If we were called to fight sin thru the law there would have been no need for Jesus. JESUS came because the law simply could not bring people to God. Which the entire book of Hebrews explains.

And im fine with supporting obama. Hes way more godly than the republicans.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 03:57 PM

"Who told you i thought christianity was about liberalism? Im liberal on most things because Jesus is liberal on most things. The gay marriage issue is the only issue republicans have it right on."

Where do you get this stuff? You told me you thought Christianity was about liberalism because you said that a conservative cannot even share the gospel with any affect.

"But liberalism is not the enemy.........sin is. And we are not called to fight sin thru the law. If we were called to fight sin thru the law there would have been no need for Jesus. JESUS came because the law simply could not bring people to God. Which the entire book of Hebrews explains."

Ironically, you have made the enemy, conservatism. I've been making the case the whole time that the issue here is sin. You praise Obama for promoting sin and have no problem doing so. Marriage is already defined. The issue is that you praise those who would be for legislation that makes gay marriage legal. The issue is not conservatives trying to make people moral through legislation. Marriage is already what it is...and need not be redefined by the government.

"And im fine with supporting obama. Hes way more godly than the republicans."

Blanket statements like this make you look foolish. First of all, conservatives and liberals are individuals. Saying Obama is more godly than conservatives is ridiculous....First of all, we are all sinners. Second of all, there are conservatives who are believers and conservatives who aren't. Third of all, you will know them by their fruit and Obama has demonstrated that he is not of God by promoting sin.

Promotion of sin IS NOT GODLY. I still don't know why you don't get this. I'm wondering why you consider him to be godly. The only reason you've given for it so far is that he is liberal...which is why I had to make the point to you that Christianity isn't about liberalism.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 04:04 PM

This discussion doesn't seem to be going anywhere, with most of my points receiving no response. I'm going to bow out now. I hope that you will pray and seeks answers from scripture and ask yourself if there is ever reason to praise promotion of sin. I pray that God will open your eyes on this issue and that your will start to view it from the Christian perspective and not the liberal vs. conservative perspective. God bless

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 09:06 PM

Holdingouthope, I must applaud you for your patience with responding to JustChrist. While names and accusations were thrown at you, me, and others, you stayed with the facts.

JustChrist, I suppose you would prefer we would all listen to someone like Jeremiah Wright.

My source for my views is the Bible which I have read cover to cover multiple times and continue to read, study, and meditate. If you looked back in time to the days of Noah, you would see homosexuality and many other sins. If you look at the account of Sodom and Gomorrah, you will clearly see the men preferred the male angels over Lot's virgin daughters. The cities had deteriorated so badly that God could not find 10 people who feared God and God utterly destroyed the cities and all people within. (Genesis 18, 19).

Where in the Bible does God support the gay lifestyle or gay marriage? Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and they shall be one flesh."

Jesus reiterated this in the New Testament...Matthew 19:5;Mark 10:7.

When the adulteress woman was brought before Him, Jesus said neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.

Where in the Bible are you getting that Jesus would promote/support homosexuality or any other sin?

BTW I know of many people who have been reached with Gospel by people who are very conservative, mainly because they show they practice what they talk...sincerity goes a long way. Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2012 10:21 PM

Born gay? You need to be born again. That's what Jesus said. Not only gays need to be born again, but all of us, because we're all born into sin.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 03:23 PM

I do not support gay marriage however I see it as a very minor issue comparatively. Companies have given "benefits" to homosexual partners long before the president even spoke on the issue. Giving the states the right to decide is I believe the appropriate response from a president.

What is far far worse?

1) Going to war in Iraq for no logical and certainly no just reason.

results-loss of lives

2)The USA turning its back to the Christians and non Christians in Sudan as they were systemically massacred for nearly a decade.

results- loss of lives

I could go on and on. Why is it that so many are willing to gag at the gnat while swallowing whales?

Lets try to stop Christian divorce rates. Lets try to stop Christian adultery. Lets try to stop corruption in the pulpits. Lets try to stop racism, sexism and xenophobia that have been rampant in this country. Lets try to stop poverty and starvation. Lets try to stop the corporate takeover of the USA from continuing. Lets heal out churches and families so that our country can be stronger.Perhaps then those with sexual abnormalities/Paraphilia can be better addressed. So far it appears that homosexuality has simply grown in the USA. I don't agree with endorsing it nor do I agree with ignoring it. Many Republican politicians and some Democrats have been caught despite claiming Christianity.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7