Author Thread: In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Admin

In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 9 May, 2012 03:25 PM

5/9/12 ~ MSN ~ Headline ~ In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage ~ In a landmark statement Wednesday, Barack Obama changed his stance & became the first US president to endorse the right of same-sex couples to marry.

*** Why did he change his stance ???...:rolleyes:...Is it to Gain the "popular" Vote or to allow the Vote to "popular" the Gain ???...either way...In a First...I've ever seen a President of the USA to Sway to Wishy~:angeldevil:~Washy...:prayingf:...What yall think about this ???...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2012 07:24 AM

He's done a 'Pilate' - deliberately making the popular choice instead of the right one. Well I hope he's satisfied with the praise of men 'cos that's his reward "in full", though he may not like the cost when it falls due...

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2012 08:28 AM

quoting a friend at bible study last night.

" this move may gain Him 1% of the vote

but will cause Him to lose 40% of the vote."

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2012 04:17 PM

Ya...good point Gents...its really sad that leadership in this country USA has gone astray into the world...ifin GOD destroyed a whole city because of this un-natural state of being and only spared a few based on one man that pleaded with the angel of the LORD...I can only imagine the future events when the LORD returns...and I must say...they are not so nice to imagine...let us Pray that we may lead those that are lost to Him...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2012 07:04 PM

I support and applaud our president for doing what he did this week. It took some MAJOR guts especially given its an election year for him to come out and say that. Unbelievable courage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2012 07:06 PM

I support and applaud our president for doing what he did this week. It took some MAJOR guts especially given its an election year for him to come out and say that. Unbelievable courage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 04:56 AM

You applaud approval the promotion of sin?

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 04:56 AM

I agree JustChrist!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 06:59 AM

I see that my post didn't make too much sense.

I understand as liberals, you guys want to support the President's decisions. However, we are Christians first and foremost and should not be celebrating when the President promotes SIN

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 11:45 AM

Most people who are gay are born that way.

God doesn't make mistakes.

Therefore, I do not judge my sisters and brothers who, with a Christian heart, love someone of the same sex.

And I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, lest we start a major war on CDFF, which is definitely not my intent.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2012 12:43 PM

First of all...that if far from proven. It's just what people who promote homosexuality like to say. It's cliche, but not grounded in any kind of scientific truth. Furthermore, you are ignoring the overwhelming evidence for those who "come out" later in life after not having a father and or being sexually abused, etc...

Second...everyone is born a sinner, so if someone was born gay, that is no excuse to continue living a life of sin. That's like saying I was born a liar so it's okay to do, since God doesn't make mistakes. This is faulty logic.

It's another cliche to say we shouldn't judge, but this is not grounded in scripture..."24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.� John 7:24

No need to start a major war on this one...The war in scripture has already be decided...

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [l]in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident [m]within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not [n]honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and [o]crawling creatures.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for [p]a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed [q]forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is [r]unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing [s]indecent acts and receiving in [t]their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit [u]to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, [v] haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them. Romans 1:18-32

Is it condemned as sin...It's also called unnatural. This blows a whole in your theory that God created them to be this way.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7