Author Thread: Fake testimonials on CDFF?
R123

View Profile
History
Fake testimonials on CDFF?
Posted : 17 Aug, 2014 06:57 AM

www.christiandatingforfree.com/testimonials.php

Too many coincidences here!

Extracts from

a) Portia Mae & Eric Jul 24, 2014

b) Blair & Ryan Jul 14, 2014

a) I met my beautiful and precious Future Wife through this website Christian Dating For Free.

b) I met my blessed and precious wife through the website Christian Dating For Free.

a) When I first joined, I really intended to find someone near to my home in Missouri.

b) When I first joined CDFF, I intended to find someone near to my new location in Alabama.

a) I was having no luck, and I kept praying that God would bring me someone through this site.

b) I was having no luck, and I kept praying that God would show me someone through this site.

a) It was God telling me to hang on, He had something for me and kept telling me to hang on. The feeling seemed foolish to me;

b) It was as if God was telling me to hang on, He had something in store for me. The feeling seemed silly to me,

a) several women from the Philippines checked out my profile, but I didn't give much attention to them because it seemed so far away and impossible to reach. I really hate long distance relationships, especially, that far in distance.

b) I had several women from the Philippines check my profile, but I did not give much attention to them. I had no belief that a relationship that far separate in distance could work.

a) Then, there was this one young lady who viewed my profile,

b) Then, there was this one young lady who viewed my profile,

a) She is so interesting to me, I wanted to learn about her and her culture more and more.

b) She was so interesting to me, I wanted to learn about her and her culture more and more.

a) I realized what a blessed treasure she truly is. I have never met such a humble, devout person.

b) I realized what a treasure she truly is. I have never met such a humble, devout person.

a) She has totally changed my outlook on the future and my life in so many ways,

b) She has totally changed me and my life in so many ways,

a) I am so grateful to CDFF and to God with this website.

b) I am so grateful I joined CDFF and stuck with this website.

a) Thank you so very much for helping me meet the one God had prepared for me,

b) Thank you so much for helping me meet the one God had prepared for me!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2014 06:22 PM

If someone is asked to write a testimonial, guess what they do! They first read what others have written. So, I think, it is no coincidence that they have some similarities. I don't suspect that ChristianDatingForFree.com would write fake stories in there. I think, it's very unlikely. Perhaps if this was a PAID SERVICE, then it would make sense to make up stories. But it's not a paid service. So, why would they do it?

And just think about the number of people who are members here. There are thousands and thousands of people here. Chances are someone is going to meet their future spouse. It's like a lottery. Someone always wins.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 09:36 PM

"I don't suspect that ChristianDatingForFree.com would write fake stories in there. I think, it's very unlikely. Perhaps if this was a PAID SERVICE, then it would make sense to make up stories. But it's not a paid service. So, why would they do it?"

Fake stories encourage more members. CDFF gets paid from ads. The more members they have is the more potential income they can make.

Not saying they make up stories I'm just giving you a reason why they might.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2014 11:41 PM

Lol, someone has too much time on their hands!

I think you may be onto something. It doesn't mean that there aren't genuine stories though.

I am talking to someone pretty special right now. I'm hoping he is the one, time will tell.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2014 12:12 AM

I'm with Bluesky in this. Truly original writing takes time, and lots of it. Most people just want to get it over with, so they check out what others have said and write something like what they read. Most of the people who find someone on here probably don't even bother to write a testimonial! I mean not like they're going to get anything out of it if they do.