Author Thread: Does anyone else have this problem?
Admin

Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 08:29 PM

Hey Everyone! Happy New Year!

I always had trouble dating cause when I was in my teens I made a promise to God to wait and remain abstinent and i'm proud to say I have keep my promise . The problem is guys say they " respect" my decision but after a couple of days they are trying to get in my pants. I believe if the guy truely cares about me and respects my decision .

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 05:06 PM

You are dating the wrong type of men. They have to agree with your decision--practice it themselves--not just "respect" it. For example, I might be a Christian, and the lady I date may not be a Christian but she respects my faith (decision), which means I am dating the wrong person.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 06:25 PM

Yeah,... I know what you mean. I have the opposite problem trying to keep Ladies out of my pants. I just wish they would just respect me as a person.:zzzz:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 09:58 PM

123wc.

I'm a very blunt honest person when a man asks me to tell him about myself that's one of the things I mention right away because it's very important to me, also I don't see the point in waiting to tell the guy if he only wants sex he will mind and leave but if he truely wants to be with me he will respect my decision. I understand what you're saying but I don't believe the guy has to be a virgin like me this was MY CHOICE yes I would love it if he was but all he has to do is prove himself by waiting if he was in a relationship with me. The way I see it it's a true test love. I'm not going to lower my standards for no one I love who I am I thank you for your reply god bless you

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 06:39 AM

Faith--just tell him NO and move on.

victory7----me too!:winksmile:

chevy

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 09:53 PM

I do god comes first for me if the guy can't respect my wishes he doesn't really care about me and I don't want them in my life thanks god bless you

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2011 11:56 AM

I did not say he has to be a virgin. God saves us through different stages of our lives--some are saved after they lost their virginity. I know a very godly man who lived many immoral years before he was saved. What I said is that he has to be living now a moral self-controlled life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2011 10:41 PM

Yes I know what your saying to look for Christian men the problem is many proclaim to be Christian with their lips but their acts tell a different story

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 01:56 PM

question???????

if when we get saved our past is erased; does that mean our sexual history too???????

if so would you not be a virgin again??????

what do you think about this?

Just a thought that you should think about as we our set free by grace and all sins are removed after we accept Jesus.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 09:03 PM

Faith_Hope, this isn't a common problem just among one specific gender, it's a common problem among everyone out there. I don't think you stated it was only men, but scripture even states that in the end days, many will call out upon the Lord, and Jesus will say "get thee hence, I never knew thee."

Just because someone says they're Christian, it doesn't mean they have the Holy Spirit indwelling. Always look for fruits of the spirit, one of them being patience. Another being gentleness. Another being kindness.

For the men and women out there reading this forum, the person you marry one day is going to come with sin of his/her own whether he/she is Baptist, Catholic, or non-denomination. This is going to be unavoidable unless a person chooses not to marry. As long as we always keep looking for perfection in a person, we very well might miss out on all the imperfections which make that special person both human, and lovable with all your heart has to offer.

Blessings in Christ, amen.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 12:59 PM

I agree with you completely.You need to find someone who shares both your beliefs and moral values,and is living it before He met you.

Page : 1 2