Author Thread: Christian men treat women the WORST!
artistic

View Profile
History
Christian men treat women the WORST!
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 09:19 PM

In my experience, men who claim to be Christians don't treat women any better and usually treat women worst than other men! :stop:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 05:39 PM

No way! I'm concerned about your characterization of our very brief interactions. A little perspective?

A recent post entitled "Biblical Perspectives on Race and Racism" was met by your suggestion that we didn't need to waste time on this topic. I, along with SEVERAL OTHERS, said no, it is worthwhile but if it makes anyone uncomfortable they should consider not participating.

You, today, again suggested discussing Biblical Perspectives on Race and Racism was akin to "fanning flames"? Once again I suggested that if you are uncomfortable with this topic don't feel obligated to engage...

How that translates into me having anything against you is beyond me. I assure you. I have no bone to pick with you or anyone else, my brother. This is a public forum for christians to engage and consider others points of view and we will sometimes agree and sometimes not...that is how it should be. I am a tad curious as to why you have selected my post rather than others who have also disagreed with you but really it matters not.

I hope you will stay engaged and am more than happy, if it will help to try my best not to disagree or voice disagreement with you. Fair enough?

Peace and love to you my brother - Elise

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 11:24 PM

First, I did not say it was a waste of time. I just didn't think a lengthy discussion was not necessary. Just as in this case. The Bible says that a Christian man is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. It's a command to do so. Any man who continually violates this command and continually mistreats his wife, whether physically or emotionally, he can not be a Christian.

Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." When a man continually violates the cammandments of the Lord, he is in sin, and cannot be a Christian.

:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 05:44 AM

dear folks, one thing for us all to remember here is when we disagree its not always personal.. we come from so many different denominations and backgrounds that were definitely gonna not agree all the time.. if i dont agree with summin ill speak up. and if you dont agree with me i expect you to speak up too.. so discuss your points of view. and yawl ,everyones welcome here. even when folks disagree with you.. youre still welcome here.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:06 AM

No...in fact, Sam, I would prefer that you participate whenever, however and if ever you feel like it...and permit others to do the same. Peace to you on your journey my brother.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:29 AM

dear Samson, I think we would all agree in Christianity there is no gray area, you either is or you isn't. We all fall short of His glory and will makes mistakes, unintentional or not ...Praise and thanks be to God he given us through faith in Jesus, by His Grace we may be forgiven, and have the right to be called children of God. If there is no Grace we're all just Isn't s.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 01:20 PM

Amen to that!:glow:

explor_r

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 06:42 PM

I am sorry but I totally dissagree with Elissee & Lynee when you state that you will be amased at who we see in heaven??? The gates are wide but the path very narrow. We as christians should not live by bread alone or grace alone it is our duty as a christian to do the things to bring us closer to Him, praying, reading the word & esspecially repenting of our sins & sin no more. Not to continue in our sins like living each & everyday treating others un christ-like. How is that a good representation of a Christ-like manner. It's about growing in Him & repenting & becoming a new man.

artistic

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 12:36 AM

They certainly don't have a problem sleeping with them! They are no better than other men in this regard. Then they go on and on about how "good" they are while abusing their trust. Hypocritical -- if you ask me!!! I thought being a Christian was about being loving. Most of the so-called Christians that I know are hateful, spiteful people! They are not in the least caring or loving people. They get off on feeling and acting superior to others and actually turn people against God and religion. I don't really relate to either group: Christians or non-Christians although I think the non- Christians treat people better.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 05:07 PM

Samson -- don't stop giving your opinions -- we're all coming from a different place. Bottom line it, we all sin and mess up. There's not one of us here that can claim "perfection". Some might think this, but we all know that's just messed up.

Don't take it personally sunshine -- from what I've read, everyone has some valid points.

I've (sad to say) alway went for the heathens. Course, back in the day, when I wasn't saved -- It Happens.... Now, well, just lookin... Don't want what I had back when and if the good Lord puts someone in my path that is a Christian, then HOT DOG.

If not, it's all good. Have no problems being solo, been doin it awhile. Would rather wait on the Lord than rush anything, thank you very much.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:09 PM

Okay now that we got all that outta the way Artisitic... just which Christian men are we/you talking about? Are these men from this site, another site, your church or home town... or are we all getting lumped into one Big pile because of a couple bad experiences you may have had, or things you have heard through the grapevine network? I know for a fact as do most of the rest of us here that there are some bad guys out there as well as women and maybe more than we think, but don't generalize, it would help if you were more specific don't you think?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6