Author Thread: I don't know what to do....?
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
I don't know what to do....?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2010 11:50 AM

My sister who lives 16 hours away works with this young woman my age and over the last 6mths (I guess) she has been nonchalantly bringing me up in conversation to this woman. My understanding is that the woman has just been brushing it off because my sister is just mentioning me in a light manner. Anyway, my sister seems set on setting us up together and she got permission from this woman to give me her phone number so that I can at least text her. I don't think this woman even knows what I look like but she has mentioned that she is ready to start dating again with the hope of moving into a serious relationship and possibly marriage in the next couple of years. My sister really seems set on her idea and while I'm sure this woman is a nice person, we don't even really know anything about each other except from my sister has communicated to each of us and on top of that there is the 16 hours of distance. I'll be honest, another fear I have is that she is only in the States on a work visa, I don't want to get into a relationship where there might be a pressure to get married because of a citizenship instead of love and commitment. Any thoughts guys??? I know you'll have great advice. :goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 02:18 PM

dear ky, ohhhhhh noooooooo!!!!!!!! hehe

dear pem, i like that, just step out of your comfort zone..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 02:22 PM

dear storm,,, hey man,, just get he lady talkin bout summin shes really interisted in.. figure out what that is if ya have to ask your sister what that is for her.. as you get a woman talkin bout summin shes really interisted in and dont matter how shy she may be she will talk your ears off.. youll have a hard time tryin to get a word in hehe..

she may be a little shy reason she didnt say alot.. remember a man pursues so figure out what her hot topics are and pursue!!!!! hehe

ole cattle

IamIsabel

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 07:06 PM

Storm,

You didn't seem too interested in your first paragraph. Why push something your'e heart's not in?? Sorry cattleman. One must be cautious and comfortable with actions.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 02:53 PM

Well I'll be honest...I'm not one to get out of my comfort zone and when my sister told me very spur of the moment that she got me this girls number and for me to text her I was taken a little bit outside of that zone. This girl and I have text and emailed each other a few times and it really just has a feel of communicating for the sake of my sister....anyway, I just know that everything is in God's hands and I praise Him for it!!! I'm to exhausted of trying to figure it out on my own anymore...:goofball:

Page : 1 2