Author Thread: My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Admin

My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 07:23 PM

I dated my ex-husband all of my college years, since I was 19. We married when I was 23. I never thought I would get to experience going on a blind date. I thought it would be exciting!

When I was finally ready to date after my divorce, an opportunity came. A young 27 yr old co-worker told me she wanted to set me up with her uncle who was a few years older than me. I said yes and she gave us each other's phone number. He called me. We had stimulating conversations and laughed and joked. It was really good. After a week, we decided to get together. We met at a local restaurant.

Long story, short. He ordered for me without asking, got finished eating before me, turned sideways and started reading the newspaper, 'DISCLAIMER, IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE AND EASILY OFFENDED STOP READING NOW AND PLEASE POST YOUR HORROR STORY BLIND DATE! EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE CONTINUE'. The most unbelievable thing was when I crossed my arms in front of me and rubbed my arms and said I was cold, he said, Well, uncross your arms and let's see if your headlights are on! It took me a minute or two to process that. When realization finally dawned, I looked at my imaginary watch and said,'Look at the time, I've got to go!". I was so appalled!

Moral of the story- Christians please go out with equally yoked Christians and never go out with friends and co-workers family members. If it doesn't work out, they feel like they have to choose!

I dare you to top that! :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 10:20 AM

People, people, people come on now. I am sure more of you have had blind dates. here is mine.

At this time because of my meds I could not afford car insurance.

My job was not paying me enough.

I friend knew I had never dated before and knew a certain young lady. who was told about me.I agreed!!!!! I called the young lady up and said I will walk on over. Such a big error!!!!! So, mister know it all started his walk.I got half way to the young ladies home and looked back.Boy, oh boy, were those clouds black. I moved real fast. Friends lets just say I got a free shower. I got to her home and her mother let me in.The young lady went and hid in her room.Her mother went in and talked to her. She came out and drove us to the movies and I made another error. I choose the movie. Well, she never talked to me again.

Oh, about that shower it rained really hard. It was more than usual. Now, ladies this is not funny o matter what you think.

:boxing: I was wet. Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 11:32 AM

Dennis, that is TERRIBLE! You were wet? She HID in her room? Her MOTHER had to go get her? You went to the MOVIES drenching WET!?

THUS FAR, YOU WIN!!:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 06:45 PM

Ok, Dennis! So far, you have topped every other story.

LOL :applause: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2010 08:17 AM

Hey everyone,

I don't know if anyone else will post a blind dating story, but I just want to personally thank godslamb and drgrimater for sharing your stories. They were truly entertaining. It's good to know I am not alone in my recurring nightmare blind date memory. :laugh:

We have good stories to share with our 'heart's desire' spouse God will bless us with!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2010 08:59 AM

I think the others were afraid to share.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2010 12:59 PM

Yeah, some may be afraid as you say. I think some stuff is just so embarrassing, we have that 'I'm going to take this to the grave' thing going on. It's okay, I had no expectations when I started this post. I've enjoyed the stories thus far and if no else posts one, I am satisfied.

Yall, have a good day!

allaboutJesus12

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 10:19 PM

lol,I agree Christians should date christians.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 11:21 AM

wow I thought those things only happen in the movies. I guess not:laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 03:30 PM

dear allabout, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 07:54 AM

Hey allaboutJesus and Faithhope,

I take it back. You can date men or women who are not Christian if you are strong and established in your faith. Who knows? Maybe your life will positively influence them.

For me, everything is fine until they see that the 'no relations' before marriage wasn't just lip service. We are unequally yoked. Then one or both of our feelings get hurt because we have to part ways. I have found it just easier on my heart and all around to deal with those who believe the same as me.

Yeah, before I started dating, I thought a lot of the stuff I've experienced was just on TV. No TV gets it from real life.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5