Author Thread: Long distance relationships rarely Work
Admin

Long distance relationships rarely Work
Posted : 15 Aug, 2012 08:33 PM

Woman from Massachusetts and a man from Florida had a relationship for 1 year and the man gave the woman a ring for a marriage token. He also gave her a credit card for a dept. store she liked. When she broke off the relationship he wanted his ring back and for her to pay the hundreds of dollars she put on the credit card, when he was the primary

card holder and she held the second card for her use. She said Nope she was not paying card or giving back the ring.

He took her to Court and the judge let her keep the ring and pay the Credit card bill she charged up. lol

The ring was a gift in hopes she would marry him , but she said he was selfish, arrogant and very unreasonable person to deal with.

This is a sad story!

Another guy married a lady from another country and he went there and married her, he return in a week after. She ddn't join him here in the US until a few months later. She then left to take care of something back to her country and called said she would not be back. He was so hurt and tried to do all he could to make her want to return. He said at first God put them together. Months later she was suppose to have returned, not sure what happen then. He was already

3 yrs. into the marriage yet was alone most of that time.

I know relationships dont work out just because a person is close at hand either. But how is it people think they can really know someone who is MILES away and never spend time with them????

I am just Saying.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2012 07:44 AM

In this day and age, I would say that the risks are increasing when it comes to relationships in general, but especially when it comes to long term relationships. Without having actual time with someone, and a decent amount of time, it is difficult to separate the truth of who someone really is from fiction.

I've seen situations even between believers, where loyalty to family ended seemingly wonderful courtships, where people who sounded wonderful online, were not at all who they seemed to be in person. Online, a person is able to correct many of the flaws they may actually have in real life. With a good imagination, people are able to weave all manner of illusions. The only thing that cannot be weaved by someone's imagination, is a real, thriving, on fire relationship with Jehovah God. But if that is not your focus, you may find yourself the victim of a masterfully weaved web, which according to scripture, could cost you your very life.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2012 02:49 PM

I have to agree. Weve all seen the news reports about people being killed after meeting someone online. Everyone should be very, very careful. However, I do believe that LDR can work if both parties are willing to put the time in the relationship that it deserves.

WCATTIL

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2012 02:34 AM

MAJORITY LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS DOESN'T WORK OUT.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2012 06:02 PM

I love this website....I have been on the site since May of 2012....I have notice that I talk to more women out of state than women were I live. Just an observation.....So I guess the long distance relationships are the only option that seem to be the most consistent form of communication with women on this site......

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2012 12:43 PM

My feancee and I are a continuing long distance sucess story. 7000 miles away and going 19 months strong.

Why are we able to do this?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2012 09:17 PM

Actually, I think the idea of someone further away would be better so we would have more time to learn each others heart. And the further away the temptation the better :) And that way you would truly have to plan to meet up and look forward to it!

Who knows there is no one special in my life right now. So I can only dream what it will be like with a special someone. I would like a wonderful prayer partner/friend and maybe they would end up as the someone special??? Only time will tell, maybe Jesus will come before then and all this will be over LOL

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2012 01:59 PM

Distance does not make the heart grow fonder, just more empty.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 11:51 PM

Some long distance relationships work n' some don't the real ones come from God n' turn into marriage, but you must know when God is leading you! :prayingf::prayingm:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 11:53 PM

Some long distance relationships work n' some don't the real ones come from God n' turn into marriage, but you must know when God is leading you! :prayingf::prayingm:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2013 09:27 AM

long distance is fairy tale.

if u love him/her. just move and stay beside him/her

give affection and bla bla bla. not dreaming or chatting.

cause love is fight!

Page : 1 2