Author Thread: For Men Who Want the Perfect Woman
Admin

For Men Who Want the Perfect Woman
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 07:23 PM

I come across men who want the perfect woman. They want her to always LOOK a certain way on the outside. This is so Carnal. What about the INSIDE? The WORD says Man looks on the outside, but God looks on the HEART.

Are we suposed to strive to be like Jesus, be more like God?

Sometimes those women who LOOK so perfect and physically formed on the outside are really Messed up on the inside, even some Christian women.

I would like to also ask men: "Are you the perfect person inside and out that you seek? Are your looks, personality, and Spirit up to the same snuff that you want in a woman? Or do you have a Double standard? Does God like double standards? I think Not. "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways, and shall receive Nothing from the Lord."

This is WORD.

So some of you are missing out on a good relationships because you will not take a chance on a not so perfect looking woman. Some of us have self-esteems and personalities that are bigger then life, reflecting the Love and ways of our Lord. Think about it.:angel::yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 08:21 PM

you go girl!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 08:44 PM

Personally, I do not know any men who want a perfect woman. None that I know are that stupid. I can't speak for everyone else, but I think its safe to say we all want someone who is attractive to us.

Thats not too likely to happen, but if every other man in the world or every person in the world thought the woman I loved was ugly - I would not care.

For me having a very attractive wife (to me) physically speaking is important - very. Almost all of us men suffer from the weakness of "the lust of the eyes" so if my woman is lovely there is less temptation. Devid will do whatever he can to ruin a man.

Ever notice how mighty men of God have really beautiful wives? I doubt it was so much that they sought those women out as it was that is what God gave them because that is what they needed to stay out of trouble.

If it helps any I would not care if a woman has a few extra pounds - as long as she is beautiful to me, believes and is able to submit per Eph 5:22-29. Submissiveness, faith & a certain amount of beauty are needed - but a far, far cry from perfection.

"All of us" are a far cry from perfection. Amen?

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 07:00 PM

dear folks, well as for me i want a woman thats attractive to me both her heart and her exterior..

whatever that may be.. as itll be my preference.. and whatever that may be she will always know that to me she is the most beautiful woman in the world.. less she turns mean hehe

ive also known alot of perfect lookin and physically formed people that were every bit as beautiful a person on the inside as the out..

as for the other,, i dont worry about if im up to snuff to everyone or not.. ya see i know i am the best i can be at this time.. the good LORDS always workin on me, ... that i may not be perfect for everyone but im gone be jussssssssst right for that one special someone..

if youre doin the best you can to be the best person you can be then i sure wouldnt spend my time worryin bout what everyone thinks about me.. just be yourself and let folks like you for who you are.. and youll be just fine..

i mean you know yourself and you know youre a great catch for someone .. so why wouldnt you think theyd realize that as well.. have some confidence in yourself.. thats a very attractive quality to me anyways..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 11:28 PM

You're 100% right. sentence for sentence. there really is something fundamentally wrong with the idea of some one being better than another. i think it really comes down to is appreciating the other persons beauty. inner beauty is an indecator of outer beauty and vice versa. also even though i can't be perfect i do my best anyway for their sake. so should all of us i think.

Forgiven4ever

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 12:29 PM

Hello Cate thanks for the post.

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

But I think I know what you are talking about. Maybe not such a "perfect woman", but it sure does seem that many profiles put an emphasis on beauty and brains. The majority of profiles or I should say many of them read that is what they want an "attractive" women, and "intelligent". And what does brains have to do with it? How about wisdom? I have known people who are intelligent but lack the wisdom of the Lord. Would be nice to have an intelligent husband, but I would rather have a husband who has wisdom from the Lord. You cannot go wrong if he seeks the Lord rather rely on his intelligence. Outside beauty fades. Inside spiritual beauty is lasting when a women keeps her eyes on the Lord.

All I know is there are too many "I's" on many profiles. We have desires yes, but believe me the Lord may bless you with someone totally different than what you perceived to be just right for you. And the Lord only knows.

I have seen some couples where the husband married an insecure women, and they have brought the best out of them. They helped their wife to grow; because they loved them as Christ loved the church. Beautiful! (Love the story the women at the well). I don't believe there is not one person that does not have some sort of insecurities. And I believe God may have a plan in pairing us together to be able to help one other with those insecurities or baggage. But it takes a heart of Christ to see beyond the beauty and brains to be able to do this. Marriage is a ministry not for self but to serve your spouse. The word says to submit to one another.

I know what I desire. But I am trusting the Lord because He knows best! And all things work together for the good to those who love the Lord......Rom 8:28

TRUST IN HIM!!!!!

She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. She considereth a field, and buyeth it:with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms. She perceiveth that her merchandise [is] good: her candle goeth not out by night.She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household [are] clothed with scarlet. She make herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing [is] silk and purple. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land. She maketh fine linen, and selleth [it]; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant. Strength and honour [are] her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband [also], and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour [is] deceitful, and beauty [is] vain: [but] a woman [that] feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates. Proverbs 31:10 -31

THIS IS A WISE WOMEN! Why? Because she is a women of God!

God bless you all!

In His love,

Cindy

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2009 06:24 AM

Dear Cateyes,

I believe the closer one gets to being the Christian that God wants us to be, the more we �see� things through the �Heart� of our soul; the farther away we are from this goal the more we use our physical eyes. The need for self-gratification is a strong driving force in many of us, especially men. I believe the maternal instinct in woman tends to make them less selfcentered. I am of course generalizing. Not all men and woman � I believe � are this way.

Maturity plays a big part also, but perhaps the biggest culprit is �the media�. We are bombarded by propaganda as to what is the perfect women or mate. By their standards she is reed thin and tall, with perfect features and has an accent (Olive Oil from Popeye?).

King Solomon spoke of the �perfect one� and for ages the human form has been celebrated in it's beauty and to me there is nothing wrong with someone wanting that in their spouse but, during the course of a lifetime one's outer features and characteristics will change, so if you base your attraction on the outer person � there will come a time when that person is no longer the one you fell in love with. But if your Love is based on the inner beauty � that everyone of us has � then your Love will only grow stronger and stronger.

Is it possible for someone to have both outer and inner beauty? Of course and the opposite is true also.

In the end though, if you look to God first and just happen to see that special someone as God created them � then Eternity is truly yours.

Peace

There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect.� ~Gilbert Keith Chesterton

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 12:41 PM

This is the response to cateyes45

"Sometimes those women who LOOK so perfect and physically formed on the outside are really Messed up on the inside, even some Christian women."

You're right God indeed looks to the hearts of Men, while men look for the physically attributes of a woman..sadly.

But the attractiveness of a woman is not all about physicality. A woman have to carry herself like a lady and and take care of herself physically,because the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and a wife have to be attractive to keep her husband from being tempted.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 01:02 PM

A woman is not responsible for a man's actions, the man is responsible for his own actions, and for the consequences there of.

By the same token a man is not responsible for the decisions of his wife, she is responsible for her decision and respectively will have to answer there of and accept the consequences of her actions as well.

I really think its a cop out when someone cheats and then says, " its YOUR fault I cheated! If you were so...." When someone leaves the marriage bed, that is a decision they make, knowing there is consequences.

To say its not your fault you cheated because she put on a few pounds is like her saying its not her fault you cheated, you went bald. For better or worse doesn't mean until I think someone else looks better. If a person cannot hold the commitment then they have no right to drag someone into a commitment they cannot honor.

If you really feel it is the fault of someone else that you cannot remain faithful, I would strongly suggest rethinking a commitment of marriage for there are things that often happen in marriages where a persons looks can fade, whether its weight gain or weight loss due to illness or injury. What if your spouse becomes paralyzed or suffers a stroke? How would you feel if you were the one facing such difficulties and your spouse said, "oh, I didn't realize for better or for worse would mean THIS!"

Just cannot picture God saying, "oh, not a problem, I understand, it was your SPOUSE'S fault you broke your vows"

A man is suppose to lead his house, not lead it astray, and blame his wife.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 05:16 PM

Once again from the mouth of Tara -- The Truth Come!~

Ms. Tara,

I concur! Think of the child who hangs on to his "blankie" forever -- even when it is tattered and frayed and not even a bit resembling it's former self. His eyes only see the object of his Love. If only we could all grow up big and strong but with the Heart of a child.

As we grow older and "leave" the childish things behind, we begin to use our brains more -- our intellect and we fill our senses first and then maybe our hearts (although I am not so sure that some of us even do that). So when the thing that we may "think we love" no longer "fills" our senses -- we lose interest.

Love and when I say Love I mean a Love seen through Jesus' eyes, is a Love of the Very Soul of that person. This I believe is a rare occurance.

The movie Princess Bride is one of my favorites. Corny perhaps -- but what a great sentiment!

Ahh...what was the post about?

Peace

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.

Henry Drummond

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2009 02:27 PM

The perfect woman should be one who fits that guys needs and he fits her needs.:prayingf: In prayer and in this world.

Page : 1 2