Author Thread: Your BEST Dates Ever Thread....
Tarasye

View Profile
History
Your BEST Dates Ever Thread....
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 10:22 PM

Okay People, we did your worst date ever thread, now it is time for dates that were like the BEST EVER or maybe even moments that were like the best ever about a date. This might not be a fall out of your chair funny, but it might give us all some sweet ideas that might impress someone if we ever do meet that one that makes our heart go pitter-patter and skip a beat.

This happened when I was still but a teen, so it was a long time ago, and frankly, I recall nothing about the date itself, but I do remember when I was sitting outside on my upstairs balcony talking to my girlfriend while I was waiting for my date.

He was peeking around the corner and tossing little pebbles up to the balcony to get my attention and then he would jump back around the corner.

Oh, to be 19 again, that was the sweetest, most romantic move a guy ever made on me, and the look in his eyes said it all.

There is still hope in the world. Top this one I dare ya, cuz I would LOVE to hear there is still even better romance left in the world!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 10:38 PM

Not really sure what was my best date - so I'll tell you what was my funniest date.

When I was about 18, I had just met this young lady and invited her over to my parents house to go swimming. Her mother made her two sisters go along on the date - since the young lady had just met me.

All 3 of those young ladies were very beautiful. I didn't often bring dates by the house - so when I walked in the door with THREE really beautiful young women in bathing suits my whole family was .

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 11:04 PM

Great idea Tarasye!! :applause:

I'm a paramedic and we have to have certain training hours in certain topics. I was taking an extrication class with one of the local fire departments..(using the "jaws of life", cutting up cars, busting out glass and fun stuff like that!! Haha!!) It was in the middle of the summer and I'd been out in it all day, so to say the least, I didn't look or smell feminine at all!! :ribbit: So after it was over and we were done cleaning up all our gear and glass and such, one of the fire fighters asked me out on a date!! I couldn't believe it!! I remember thinking, "I'd better go because if he'll ask me out looking like this, then he's not asking for the wrong reasons!!" :prayingm: It was a wonderful relationship!!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 11:31 PM

oh that is so cool! I didn't know you were a paramedic! I work in corrections and your story reminds me of a training day from hell that we had when there were two fires first in one industrial building and then in another on the other complex. Bottom line, everyone was tired and cranky and no one wanted to stay and put firearms away. I stayed and when I was walking out to my car, I was met by a very small boy who obviously did not belong at a prison by himself. Seems little Jonathon had been walking since about noon when he was released from Kindergarten and this was around 5:30 pm. We are not located anywhere near a school and it is also on the very top of a big hill where you would never expect a small child to trek, as children usually wander downwards not uphill.

I asked if he was okay and the little bottom lip came out like a shelf as he wailed "I can't find my MOM!!" He was so brave. We called the PD and they had been looking for him. Bet his Mom freaked when she found out where they found him!

I worked there twelve years, went through a murder, three locked downs a riot and endless suicide attempts, but nothing I ever did there meant anything so much as the day I connected with little Jonathon. To this day, I bet anything he remembers it as much as I do.

Some days you get to be the Angel. I know this isn't where it really belongs on this thread, but your training experience reminded me of it, and I thought you might get a smile out of it.

Tarasye

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 01:22 AM

Wow, Tarayse - that brought tears to my eyes. Having kids (twins) that have "escaped" for even five minutes and are found down the block gives me a slight understanding of what it would be like to lose a child for any extended amount of time - it's total panic and the worst of the worst thoughts enter your mind immediately! After Becky O'Connell, I just praise God SO MUCH for leading you to find this little boy - I can't imagine the overwhelming flood of emotion and relief the mother felt!!! (Btw - working at the prison, did you know a woman by the first name of Marcy? She's been there for years and years, is a guard, and a good family friend - just curious.)

Now back to the topic. Lol

Best date ever. It was just a few years ago, but I'll always remember it. I was dating a guy during the time we got the stimulus checks - he said he was putting most of it toward school lunches for his kids for the year, but was keeping some out so we could go out on a "night on the town." The works - best restaurant, finest food, dancing, etc. I thought about this for a minute, then point blank asked him how much he was planning on spending. (If you ever want to stop a guy dead in his tracks, this is a great way to do it). He stammered for a minute, then told me he had planned to spend around $300 - $400 on our big night. I told him I had a better idea. I wanted to go shopping instead. :-)

We took the money he had planned for this date and went to the second hand stores (Goodwill, Savers, etc) and bought clothes for kids from newborn on up. We had a shopping cart OVERFLOWING with clothes!! Price was under $150. We then went to WalMart and bought household items - clocks, some dishes, utensils, bath towels, sheets, etc. We spent what he had planned. Ha Ha

The next day, we went to the Children's Inn and donated everything. The Children's Inn is a safe place for women and children to go when coming out of an abusive relationship until they can get on their feet - when leaving, they are "set up" with a new household. (Many of these women don't have time to pack - they only have time to leave).

He was an E7 in the Air National Guard - military and "tough." I don't think it really hit him exactly what we were doing until we unloaded everything. He broke down crying and said he had never given like that before. I think it was probably the best date ever for both of us - I was crying, too!

Blessings!

Lynn

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 01:45 AM

Yes, Linnie, I haven't seen her in awhile, but I know her well, remember when she started up there. Hear you on Becky O'Connell, seems like yesterday and Katie Clarey too. When I started with Metro I heard the heartbreaking 911 tapes on her case. Some of those tapes just stay with you like you would not believe like Piper Streyle's daughter. I am so glad there is a God, for I truly believe His Justice if Perfect. I worked on D.R. with all those guys, except K VanEnglenhoven (K. Clarey), but I knew him from working PC. He only avoided the needle because the family didnt' want it. I don't think its wrong to send them back to God and let Him figure it out.

I stayed at Children's Inn when I ran away from home back when Jenay was four, nearly five years old, back when there was the big earthquake near Anaheim that collapsed the freeway. It is near and dear to my heart, and from time to time I will tie fleece blankets for kids and donate them there.

You will have to tell Marcy I said Hi next time you see her, but you will have to use my real name not my screen name. lol I will send it to you. I left there a month before the planes flew into the WTC.

After I get through moving and everything (next spring) we should get together and have coffee at Scooters or something. Right now I just have so much left to get to order. Finish this house, sell this house, buy another house and move. But when all is said and done, I hope to be totally debt free, which will open up a whole lot more for me to do God's Work.

By the way, your date was REALLY COOL, whatever happened to him? You maybe should have held onto him...

Tarasye

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 02:17 AM

Coffee sounds great - as for not keeping the guy, well, it was the other way around. Lol. That's a coffee story. Ha Ha

I don't think I would every fully recover if I heard the 911 tapes of some of the things that go on. I started going back to college for Criminal Justice awhile back and they accidentally stuck me in a 4th year class in my first term. We were studying child murders and I couldn't take it. There are still times that I remember some of the pictures I saw in that class and I cry my eyes out. The brutality toward children at the hands of adults has to be THE sickest, vilest thing this world has to offer. I just praise God that these kids are with Him now, in the best possible place we will all be someday.

Blessings on your move and we'll keep in touch!

Lynn

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 04:56 AM

I hear you some of that stuff is truly haunting, but you are right, its a coffee story. I think the worst were the Mary K Ross murder, the Katie Clarey murder and the Piper Streyle tapes of her daughter on the answering machine. There was one other that hit me really bad too and that was a Mother that found her teenage son hanging in the garage, and when she was finally able to cut him down, he was taking his aegonal breaths, which she like so many take as a good sign, which it isn't. Just broke my heart. Those people at Metro are totally overworked and underpaid. I have seen a lot of bad stuff, but honestly Linnie, I could not begin to handle looking at child murder photos either. It is all I can do to work with such inmates and be fair. I am glad I am not working with them anymore. We don't have the same caliber at the WR Center, and I don't really miss it at all. It amazes me how people can be so disturbed by such things and then be so casual and cavalier about abortion, which although clinical, is just as violent and disturbing.

My apologies to the forum, I am so off topic

Tarasye

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 06:59 AM

My apologies, too. I can start talking about safety pins and five minutes later I'm reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 06:31 PM

I had a friend staying at a summer camp.She was a councilor there and wanted me to pick her up take her all over pennys and new york for a day.Every guys dream taking 2 girls out at once.

It was a real blast.I took them to some waterfalls, a zoo, and we went shopping.All in 12 hours.8:00am -8pm.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2009 10:48 AM

My best date ever was one I wasn't on until it began...It was just a weekend day out with my lil' dog at a local park. Was walkin along and saw a elder man sittin on bench by his self. A bench that my Father and I sat upon the last time we went to the park together before he passed away...I was, that day missin both my parents, an well...I just walked up and asked if I could sit with him. He smiled and said sure Missy. We started talking an sharen bout all kinda stuff. He had lost his wife recently and they used to sit upon that bench. We laughed and even cryd together. I have never seen that man since that time...but I can say...it was and is the best date I was never on...

Page : 1 2