Admin

alcohol?
Posted : 26 May, 2010 03:26 AM

Should Christians drink?

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 31 May, 2010 03:34 PM

I agree with Jesusfreak421. The Word talks about drunkenness but not necessarily drinking. Here's what I believe it boils down to. Does it make you feel sinful? Phil 2:12-16 - work out your own salvation in fear and trembling. I think we all have decisions to make. Drinking does not violate our law (as long as you're 21+) and it doesn't say in the Bible it's sin. My friend, Kyle, is an alcoholic. Is it wrong for him to drink? . . . absolutely. I, on the other hand, have never had a problem with it. I drink when I feel like it and I stop when I know I've had enough. Luckily for me, it's easy. The same does not go for everyone.

If there's anything I've learned in this insane ride called life it's that almost nothing is black and white. There are sins that are blatant (like the 10 commandments, lust, pride, thievery, etc) but everything else is simply a matter of conviction.

angelcupid08

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2010 05:50 PM

Red Wine has a property called "Resveratrol" in it. Interestingly enough this reverses the Aging process.

THe skin of the Grapes contain antioxidants........which are beneficial as we all know.

Everyone has made very excellant statements regarding this issue, and the Scripture's are correct.

Everything we do in moderation is the best way. :applause: Hence why scripture denotes to not get drunk on wine.

There are many hidden secrets we as human's are to discover in the bible and all the herbs, etc. therefore mentioned. Olive...Aloe...etc. All natural from God is the best. Aloe is God's natural cure. Drink with Cranberry juice to heal digestive issues.

AS for the Wine...Jesus turned water into wine...I feel RED wine is healthy for us, as long as it is in moderation.:buddies::angel:God Bless, and enjoy a glass of wine! It's Saturday nite!!!! ANgel:angel:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2010 03:11 PM

Grape juice is healthy too!:winksmile:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 15 Jun, 2010 04:55 PM

Hey Yall...does any know when Alcohol was discovered ?

A group of Us was discussin this last Sunday at breakfast after church...One Gent said it was not discoverd until Noah's time on the Ark...the Grape juice fermented an thats what they drank for 30 odd days an it caused His off spring ta...well...ya know what happened...Any input here ?...xo

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 11:28 AM

I don't remember the location of the phrase in the bible, but I know somewhere it says that we are the"temple's of God" because the Holy Spirit dwells in us. Therefore, I don't think we should do anything that harms ourselves because then we would be hurting the temple of Christ. Therefore, I believe that it's wrong to get drunk, but drinking just a little bit, say at a wedding, other special occasion, or with dinner is fine. However if you feel that it's becoming an addiction that's controling you, then you should stop because God is the only one that should be in control of us.

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 03:41 PM

@JM- Perhaps you are referring to one of these:

1 Corinthians 3:16

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?"

1 Corinthians 6:19

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own..."

2 Corinthians 6:16

"What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.'"

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 4 Aug, 2010 03:05 PM

I don't think it's wrong. It is wromg to get drunk, but also to get "drunk" on other things like losing weight, soprts, TV, reading, sex etc... How many things do we give ourselves over to these things? Also we need to becareful not fall into checklist Christianity. Which is if I don't do certain things and do certain things God would love me more and I look better.

Here's an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfdu8NCXTTM&feature=related

View Profile
History
alcohol?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2010 08:52 PM

A person isn't automatically impaired at .08 bac. From the moment alcohol reachest the bloodstream there is a loss of control and function. The law says that amount is ok to operate a vehicle until .08. God wants us in control of our minds at all times if possible. Booze is a choice. And wine doesn't always mean alcoholic in the Bible just like baptism isn't always about getting wet.

Page : 1 2