Author Thread: what do you think about drinking even in moderation..
Penelope

View Profile
History
what do you think about drinking even in moderation..
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 09:03 PM

I have many Christian friends who have very different oppinions on drinking.. their opinions range from not at all to going out and getting drunk. what do you think about drinking even in moderation and if you have any biblical references that would help too.

Thanks

travelman

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Dec, 2008 11:51 PM

Pray about it and see what Jesus says...

I HATE Drunkeness...I have felt the effects of alcohol. I once had a couple of drinks on an empty stomach and felt no self control, it was horrible. I do not think that the drink itself is bad, but the over glorification of alcohol really frustrates me especially in Christian groups. I don't know why people act a certain way at the mention of alcohol. I have felt the effects also of being "taboo" about alcohol, and it's ridiculous. To be honest, this form of idolatry could be the same as what music to listen to etc...it's Jesus who will show you and convict you.

I enjoy a drink, but I will always drink responsibily.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2009 04:14 PM

I think that it is a slippery slope. The bible does not forbid the use of alcohal. But it a sin to be drunk.

Some churches are against it completely. I am not. However, there is a huge problem with addiction in our country. And around brothers and sisters with this problem you may be tempting them too much.

You have to use common sense with it.

I drank a little when I got my wrists tattooed to deaden the pain. I did watch that I did not get intoxicated. Most artists will not tattoo a drunk. And like I said drunkeness is a sin.

But then tattoos are a controversal subject also.

Page : 1 2