Author Thread: Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
SJC1985

View Profile
History
Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 04:11 PM

I have talked with / written to some men who made it pretty clear that their former relationship included sleeping with a person. That totally goes against what God expects a Christian to do!!! These men came from this CDFF site!!! I want a man who, even if married before, to show self-control. God forbid that I allow a man to "take me to bed" as a part of our relationship!! Saving ourselves for the one who God chooses for us is going to help us trust our mates, and they, in turn, will be able to trust us more. It has been proven that if a person is promiscuous before marriage, it will carry over into the marriage.

I may be waiting a long time for God's choice; maybe God is helping me to become stronger in the self-control physical part!

SJC1985 :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2011 10:47 PM

Here is my favoite rebuttal to those "Christians" who think it is OK to have premarital sex:

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 encourages us to "Run away from sexual sin. Every other sin people do is outside their bodies, but those who sin sexually sin against their own bodies. You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your bodies."

FLEE from sexual immorality!! Do you know what flee means? RUN for your life! Get away from it.. abstain. There are many, many scriptures that deal with sex and sexual immorality. It is clearly wrong in the scriptures to have sex outside of a marriage relationship.

Mister_Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 04:58 PM

If we know it is wrong and it is a sin, do we persue it simply because we will be forgiven afterwards? Is it ok to sin with the forknowledge that 1, it is inevitable that we will sin; and 2, that God will forgive us if we ask forgiveness? But if we ask forgiveness for a sin we planned on being forgiven for, a sin we planned on commiting because we decided it was more important to have this desire and temptation satisfied than it is to fulfill God's will, are we truly repentant of that sin? Here is the final word, it's His Word, and I implore you all to pay attention...

1 Corinthians 5: 9-13

9I wrote to you in my letter(N) not to associate with sexually immoral people� 10(O) not at all meaning(P) the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters,(Q) since then you would need to go out of the world. 11But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone(R) who claims to be a christian if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler�not even to eat with such a one. 12For what have I to do with judging(S) outsiders?(T) Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13God judges[b] those outside.(U) "Purge the evil person from among you."

Mister_Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2011 02:51 PM

Well put and thank you for standing for what is truly right. I challenge all other men on this site to make of themselves like the man you have mentioned. All I can say of myself is I am one of them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 06:31 PM

I completely agree with you.Self-control is one of the most things in a relationship.

ramona4jesus

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2011 07:55 PM

Hi,

You stated that nowhere in the Bible does it state that we should abstain from sex before marriage, so I thought I would point out 1Corinthians 6:18: " flee fornication. Every sin that the man does is outside the body; But he who commits fornication sins against his own body". The dictionary definition of fornication is sex outside of marriage.. Also Galatians 5:19: "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, "- as Christians we are to exhibit the works of the spirit and not the works of the flesh. Colossians 3:5 "therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. And lastly (although there are many more):" For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. "(Ephesians 5:5 NKJV)- pretty sobering isnt't it?

I pray that God will open your eyes to see the truth of His word!

Ramona

ramona4jesus

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2011 07:59 PM

My previous response was to user Homer J - Benny, who stated that there is no word in the Bible prohibiting fornication .......

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2011 07:51 AM

premarital sex is sin

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2011 07:55 AM

God called us for purity..premarital sex is sin

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 03:30 PM

Amen and Amen, if a man isnt willing to wait then they shouldnt be on this site, let alone trying to "get off" with a true christian woman, I am so sick and tired of men on this site who say things like "oh its ok everyone is doing it" or "well ive been married so its ok" any feeble excuse to get sex. Well guys, go some place else ok. This is not the place for you.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6