Author Thread: Walking as Children of LIght
Admin

Walking as Children of LIght
Posted : 17 Aug, 2020 05:54 AM

Scripture: Ephesians 5:8

For you were once darkness but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.

Insights: When I do not have Jesus as my Savior yet, I was a child of darkness: I was governed by my own desires and will; I was bound to eternity without God.

But when I received Jesus to be my Savior, God transferred me from death to life: from being a child of darkness to His child – a child of THE light of the world.

As His child, I should no longer be governed by my own desires and will. The life I live should be a testimony of God living and at work in me. Wherever I go, and whatever I do, I should represent God as my Father.

(Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven Matt 5:16)

Action Point: Because I am a child of God, I will:

-think in such a way that God will be glorified: whatever is true, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy (Phil 4:8);

-speak in such a way that God will be glorified: with patience and love and wisdom and understanding towards the children and adults I interact with;

-work in such a way that God will be glorified: with humility in actions and words, listening before I speak and taking into consideration what the other person has to say; with excellence that comes from God and not from my pride.