Author Thread: Pray for me please
Admin

Pray for me please
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 10:12 AM

I'm struggling to quit smoking cigarettes. I know that it's on God's time when I quit, but I wish His time was sooner lol

I was saved less than a year ago. And in that time I have been freed of my addiction to weed, addiction to pain killers, and my addiction to alcohol.

This is the next, and last, habit that I HAVE to break.

Pray for me please. Thank you and God Bless.

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 10:25 AM

Will do Brother...and with GOD all things are possible...xo

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 10:34 AM

Dear brother, don't worry. Will be praying for u.

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 11:34 AM

My prayers will include your intention.

I would also suggest checking with your local health dept. Most have a stop smoking program at no cost to you -- with help such as patches and gum and group support.

Smoking is an addiction stronger than all of the other ones you have walked away from and it is one that the dark one will fight you to the end. I might also suggest that everytime you have a thought or urge to light up -- picture an image of the deceiver at you and thinking he is winning the battle for your soul. FIGHT him....you have proven to yourself that you can overcome great obstacles. You have shown The Warriors Grit in you. You have one more Battle to Win and this one will help you be Stronger and a Better Man and Christian.

Use the aids that a program gives you. Each day that you overcome temptation brings you closer to that Final Victory where you can Shout in your adversary's face "Go To H double hockey sticks!

Now go be a Seraphim!

Peace

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 03:52 PM

hey bro, i am having the same conviction and daily struggle, thought maybe we could help each other out in making a friendly fun challenge of honor? God, you, me and the folks on this site be our witness and support...are you up for it?

like you this is the one habit/addiction left and i do struggle over in giving up. this past summer i did quit chewing and smokes along with drinking, but let worries and such get the best of me and fell back to just smoking. i think about it every day and need to quit, let's do this if you are ready? i am...

i do about a pack a day give or take a couple, if i were to cut out 2-3 per day (this would take some effort) i could be clean in about a week, or could shorten it up if you'd like, don't know where you are at? lemme know.

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 07:17 PM

dear 5 , will do man..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 17 Dec, 2009 05:00 PM

Hi Jim i would not worry to much sounds like you've been doing fine. No one is perfect, you can only but try and pray in time this psychological addiction eases a little. Perhaps look at what triggers you to slip back e.g stress or putting on weight or merely you have not found another alternative. Any way i don't want to preach any form of addiction is difficult to beat. Try and take the presure off a little, perhaps keep to a realistic targets of self help. In my prays and thoughts :prayingf::peace: Shereen uk

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 10:13 PM

Everything takes time!! Keep on praying and most of all patience. When God feels your really ready to quit you will. Keep your faith and make a commitment to God like I did.

After God helped my cray life style 25 years ago and my last was cigs. I made avow to God that once I got pregnant that I would quit for Him. Well soon after I said that prayer I got pregnant. I quit for God.

The thing is when you make a vow to God that we do it for Jesus. Not for us. When you decide to quit get counsel from your church to help you through it. Read the word!! God will help you through it especially when we do for His glory not ours.

God Bless

Conny

View Profile
History
Pray for me please
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 07:32 PM

You have already been delivered from everything! That happened when you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Give Jesus the glory and honor and power over your life and you won't even think about smoking....you DON'T need patches...you DON'T need gum....you DON'T need to wean yourself off them....BELIEVE that you are delivered....BELIEVE that God is in control....and BELIEVE that through Christ all things are possible

amen and God Bless you and yours,

shylandbaby