Author Thread: Seattle?
Admin

Seattle?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 10:48 PM

Anyone know of any churches in the greater Seattle area with a fear of the Lord?

I moved to here a few years ago, and the only churches I've found with a fear of the Lord were ones whose primary demographic is retired persons. It really makes me want to move, because every time I share the Gospel in churches, I find out that most of the preachers in this area hate the Bible. I've been told I was not welcome after trying sharing passages from the Bible with a pastor.

Lacking recomendations, I'll take prayer ;-) The Lord honors prayer, and I appreciate all the support I can get.

View Profile
History
Seattle?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 05:47 PM

Mars Hill is a great church to go too. Mark is a great pastor. He is really funny and real. He tells it how it is. Here is there website http://www.marshillchurch.org/. The only thing that is a con about the church is it is huge and hard to connect for community. But all my friends that have went there. Love it. You should check it out.

View Profile
History
Seattle?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 10:43 AM

I really appreciate the recommendation.

Although Pastor Mark's sermons work well at a conference, the church itself is not an option for many reasons. Not least of those reasons is the one you stated. If a church is so disconnected due to poor infrastructure that the members can't tell who's new and who's not, the church is unhealthy.

Some of the larger churches man a welcome desk with people who genuinely want to plug new comers into the church. At Mars Hill, I found a que to register for an impersonal website that neither met my needs nor encouraged me to return.

If one then adds to this that the various campus pastors preach their lives and misinterpret Scripture, then Mars Hill stops merely being a unloving church and starts resembling an apostate church.

It was really kind of a sad experience, especially since the church gets such high praise from the people who visit.

View Profile
History
Seattle?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 06:17 PM

Hey, its a little outside Seattle but NW foursquare in Federal

Way is an awesome, spirit filled church, with a love of the Lord and people. The Pastors follow the "billy Graham" philosophy-IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE...

Their main goal is to raise disciples with a foundation in the Word.

Its not about religion, its about relationship.

View Profile
History
Seattle?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:33 PM

Forgot this the website is nwcfoursquare.org