Author Thread: A sad day in the pathetic life of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club
atlfan27

View Profile
History
A sad day in the pathetic life of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 03:21 PM

Pat Robertson says Earthquake Result Of "Cursed" Haiti's Satanic Pact. Personally, I think he needs to check himself into a clinic. Seriously he does. His evil reign of extreme conservatism will come to an end.

I would start boycotting from watching the 700 club if i were you.

Prov31_Lady

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:34 AM

From what I've heard, the Haitian people did indeed make a deal with Satan a long time ago - but that's just it! It's in the past! The current generation may or may not have anything to do with that - we cannot possibly know enough to judge them! We are NOT God! (I certainly don't want God's job!) I have a classmate in seminary who is from Haiti. He is a wonderful Christian man. Every year, he organizes mission trips to Haiti. Right now, he's desperately trying to get in touch with his family, but can't. My prayers go out to him and to the Haitian people. I want to add, though, that although I don't agree with Pat Robertson, I also realize that I've said some things in my lifetime that weren't good either. He needs to be held accountable for his actions, but we need to do it in love, rather than in judgment. Otherwise, we just become hypocrites.

Prov31_Lady

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:41 AM

Reba, very good point about China and Indonesia! We could also bring up Katrina and New Orleans and a million other examples. The way I see it, sin has corrupted this world from the very beginning. Over time, stuff gets really messed up, including creation. I believe that natural disasters are a result of sin, but not the sin of any single people group! It is the sin that reigns in all of us that over thousands of years has caused everything to go off track, including things like the economy and even natural disasters. The Bible explains that as time goes on, these types of things are going to get worse. So we can't say that the earthquakes and such are a punishment from God on the Haitian people - that's absurd! But it would be logical to say that because of the sins of the human race (which includes everybody), bad stuff happens. If we look at it this way, the blame is put on ourselves and all of humankind, rather than God or a specific people group.

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 06:39 PM

Very good points Prov31_lady, keep on posting!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 01:57 AM

I agree that God is a jealous God, and that Scripture clearly warns us not to tempt him. The earthquake aside, all men fall under Hebrews 9:27

It rains on the just and the unjust, but it rains because of sin. We should never forget that.

RightKnight

(using the word rain metaphorically, I'm not giving an opinion about the firmament) *laughs*

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 07:28 AM

We can go on and on with this issue but truthfully I'm enjoying everyone contribution to this thread.

The wrath of God or not upon sinful nations if people are going to give that sort of opinion. Let me bring out this verse.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24:6-8

It seems that these are the signs that Christ is coming back really soon. Yep, I see earthquakes in that picture, no?

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 09:30 AM

Nice post!! Did you think you'd get 3 pages worth of responses?? Definitely a topic of interest and passion.

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 05:45 PM

:applause: Yep, Yep. I shall be worshiped with a ton of POSTS! LOL. Just kidding.

So...Hows life with you, dude?

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 12:32 PM

Its been better!! Got laid off in Nov. without any prospects of work. Can't afford to be out on my own, and I have recently had to address issues with my old church and am having to look elsewhere. I think I've found a church where God can use me. If not, I guess I better be looking elsewhere still!

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 06:05 PM

Right on! Always remember to keep the faith.

JC4jm

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 04:21 PM

I am going to just post the facts, that is all.

Haiti was under the opression of the French government, it was one of the riches colonies of any country. They started fighting for there freedom and in 1804 they made a pack with the Devil that if they won the war they would give their country to him.

They won the war and Budu went rampage in that country and it has been that way since. From one of the riches country in the Caribean, became the poors country in the world.

Remember this are just the facts, I am not condeming what he said. But remember GOD can not bless an unblessable behaviour.

GOD bless you guys and have a good night

JC.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7