Author Thread
atlfan27

View Profile
I kissed dating goodbye - Part GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDENCE
Posted : 22 Feb, 2010 06:38 PM

Hello Sara,

Thanks for the post. Yeah he has good intentions but he doesn't need to go overboard though because it can turn off many people and maybe worse; falling into it. He is still young plus he has been only married for a few years so he has not have that much experience in life. So his intentions are good but he still does need to grow up more and experience life.

atlfan27

View Profile
I kissed dating goodbye - Part GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDENCE
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 11:24 AM

I'm not sure if true holy matrimony exist especially in the United States of America. While we proclaim to be a nation under God, yet we rank number one on the highest divorce rate in the entire world.

The reasons of Divorce are for many reasons but after reading this book; this is one of the factors.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/peo_div_rat-people-divorce-rate

The purpose of this post is not to disrespect God, Christianity, nor the USA, or anyone but to view how much too much religion is doing more harm than good in a relationship.

I signed up in a denominational and a non SDA dating website and i'm deeply disturbed on how much 22, 23, 24, 25 year old have "divorced" on their status. My guard is up by getting myself into a really really churchy person. Sorry but i'm a very dynamic guy (That's what i've been told by many of my friends) and my intentions are to double that dynamic energy as i get older.

I cannot stand reading this book any longer, seriously; I only reached to page 96 with so much frustration towards this author about this matter of maintaining pure. Staying pure is not the issue because that's how God wants us to be that way until I say I do.

He is going overboard by throwing a ton of scripture at my face and refers to non Christians as Pagans or Heathens. Josh Harris should have realized that Christ himself goes after these kind of people instead of the "righteous" His comments are not cool, PERIOD!

A person can easily fall into temptation if an individual is being on constant torment in a ultra conservative or religious environment. In my case if I was at a SDA or Christian University.

God has giving me the privilege of putting me in a public university after 12 years in the SDA Schools. Y? So I can start applying myself in the real world. At age 28, I'm still a virgin. AT KSU, I can easily go to a women dorm room without being stopped by no one. However I refuse. Also, my campus ministers talk about sexual purity at KSU; I'm trying to say my selection of peers has an impact on me. According to the book, Josh has thrown a bunch of examples where young people grew up in the so called "Christian homes, heavily involved at their churches but they have made the mistake by having sex before marriage. Now the issue is, what went wrong? My questions to everyone is how, why and etc? I think God will tell me, it's not a right that I go to KSU but a privilege.

Now, Josh Harris is still young plus he just recently got married so apparently his hormones are still raging with a side of "religion" Most guys around the age of 40 and above start having that phase where they like to start going after younger girls. It's all about loyalty towards your spouse till the day you die so hopefully he will keep doing what he has been preaching.

I would like to be honest with everyone about me. YES! IT would be nice to have a beautiful warm body laying next to me every single night, it would be nice to experience the physical intimacy, I think about the beautiful women that I see at KSU or on TV. But I should ask myself, whats the next step for me? What would happen if she got pregnant (BTW, I'M AGAINST BIRTH CONTROL/ABORTION BY ALL MEANS) what would her family say (My parents would be somewhat shock, eh they just turned 60's so they do want a grandkid plus they are cool) how am i going to afford to keep you both (LOL!!, Trust me I'm not a high school student plus my post secondary education will get me far life) I am having so much fun with my business, friends, so what's the rush. I'm thinking about my expensive dream computer from dell plus a few extras. I would like to have many females "friends" and go out on the town ( I know Atlanta very well ) Groups of people (WELCOME)

Anyways those are my final words of this review. Jesus is awesome but coming from a spiritual instead of a religious person; keep in mind

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21

Action does speak louder than words.

To Josh Harris, your book isn't really for me but I'll pray that everything works out for you.

atlfan27

View Profile
A sad day in the pathetic life of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 11:22 AM

Hello River of life,

For some "outsiders" without any media influence, they can still be offended because they already have a negative view about Christianity. People who are searching for God wants to look for people who practice what they preach.

Talk is cheap.....

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 11:20 AM

i'm not throwing insults since i'm not using a profanity but i do apologize if you think my posts has offended you. I'm just trying to bring my point across.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 11:18 AM

I agree stayingalive, its called the great commission of Jesus Christ.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 11:17 AM

Hey Stephen,

Hmmmm have you actually read the forum instead of a title? odd

atlfan27

View Profile
I kissed dating goodbye? My book report, lol.. PT1
Posted : 8 Feb, 2010 04:41 PM

Wow! I like your post. Josh Harris makes life a little unbearable when it comes to physical affection. I only had one girlfriend in my life but I'm not feeling down because I kissed her or touched her. Yes balance is a must but as a guy, I love the human touch.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 7 Feb, 2010 07:18 AM

Well he mentions people from high school, early years in college so I'm making those assumptions because the majority of people nowadays tend to get hitch at an early age then get a divorced within a few years. That's sad because i do see a lot of women who are around the age of 24, 25 with the status of "divorced" on their profiles.

Does anyone care about marriage anymore?

I think reading the book would be a good idea for you since you've grown since the age of 16.

Trust me, when I was 22 in 2003, do you I think I would care as much reading that book if I was the age of 16. You're not alone.. LOL

Pt 2 of this "book report" will be posted later this month since I got a ton of things on my plate.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 06:19 PM

Yeah right, I don�t necessary would say that. I Kissed Dating Goodbye

is a book by Joshua Harries which talks about his perspective on

romantic relationship in regards to the scriptures. Funny thing, when I

saw the title for the first time in 2003 I laughed and said, OMG there

is a goody two shoes who probably believes that dating is a sin which

all people must avoid it. However, in 2010 as a mature young adult, I

said to myself; you know what; I would love to try reading it to see

what his views on this issue are. The good news, I wasn't alone because

a ton of his friends thought the same thing as me.

It seems this book is geared towards people who are in their late teens

and early 20's. So a guy like myself who is 28 years of age, a future

graduate from college, who has already established goals in life, etc.

Apparently I'm one step ahead of people who are younger than me or

still in high school. I'm a person who is coming from a Hispanic

background, I really don't agree some of his views on what he wrote.

My views on a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (especially during

marriage) a couple should spend a lot of time together and less time

with friends. Family are an exception but considering a couple are

going to spend the rest of their lives together while their close

friends might leave for some other state or country; don't you think

that your spouse is always going to be on your side. The concept of

ladies or guys night is really unnecessary.

One of the reasons of divorce is the couple doesn't spend enough time

together, also that's how Eve had fallen into temptation because she

left her husband side. God created marriage in the Garden of Eden. God

made woman from man; I don't see God created additional human buddies

or girlfriends for Adam and Eve.

Now in regards to religion, I�ve come to realization, if a Christian

wants to tie the knot it�s a good idea to have a strong relationship

God first. If a person relationship with God is on fire, most likely

you�re marriage will rock! If you want to stay single in order to be

close to God all the time, that�s great. To the potential singles for

the rest of your life guys, gals, nuns and; I consider this verse from

Saint Paul.

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay

unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should

marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

1 Corinthians 7:8

I�m hearing a ton of nuns are having babies nowadays.

Keep that in mind�

Yes it's extremely important to have Christ in your relationship but

the thing is according to my own research, a lot of Christian couples

especially in the southern states of the U.S. Divorce rates are

skyrocketing. The state that has the lowest rate in the entire country

is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Yep that�s right, the state is in

favor of gay marriage but somehow it�s telling me that they do care

about the sanctity of marriage. Massachusetts is not a Bible belt state

so I�ll assume married couples stay married without the excessive

religion. Now it doesn�t mean we should turn our backs from God, after

he is the one who got it all started.

This guy cracks me up, seriously he does. He brought up the dream about

his wedding day and all of his exes show up. Now, apparently a typical

person would have several relationships prior he chooses the ones to

marry. Well I say there is nothing wrong of exploring different people

because it really gives people training on how they should treat that

person.

I�m against pre-marital sex but physical intimacy shouldn�t be a huge

issue like he�s portraying. Affection it�s a must in any relationship

because the couple can feel the love that they are receiving. We should

take full control of ourselves but for medical reasons the human touch

is a good and wonderful feeling.

I haven�t finished reading the book but feel free to post your views and opinions so we can have a good healthy debate.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 06:13 PM

it's all good, thanks for the debate.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8