Author Thread: Tell me about your pets!!
Admin

Tell me about your pets!!
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 07:17 AM

This is my first time posting a topic on this forum.

I wanted to know if there are any other pet owners or admirers out there just like me. I am going to school to work in the veterinary field, and working with animals is something I love doing.

Right now, I have two cats. Both rescued (both very different different stories). I have had other pets in the past as well.

So, tell me about your pets.

:waving:

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 09:40 AM

Welcome to the forums! My sister is a Registered Vet Tech, so she brings home a lot of animals...and of course the whole family falls in love with them!

We have 3 dogs, all older, and none very smart. They are loving, though!

We have 5 cats. One of them was acquired intentionally, the others were strays that my sister brought home.

We have 2 goats that are pets. They are spoiled rotten. Totally.

We also have about a dozen chickens, and they do lay eggs sometimes, so at least they do something useful!

In the past, we've had a rabbit, gerbils, hamsters, and fish...they all died, though, and we haven't replaced them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 10:37 AM

Thank you for the welcome :waving:

That is pretty awesome that you have had so many animals around you! I'm still working on getting a dog, but I have to graduate first.

:bunny:

jennigirl06

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 11:24 AM

I love animals. Up until Christams I had 2 pets. My cat Kodak will be 9 this summer and My dog Gracie who would have been nine this month.

Saddly Gracie passed away very suddenly Christmas morning. I miss her dearly. It's very strange not having her around and not having to worry about feeding her and saying hi to her. She had one of the personalities that would just make you smile.

But my Cat has stepped up and has been there with me for I think he too knows that Grace is no longer around. Although I think he doesn't mind the extra attention he now gets.

I have had a total of 8 different Cats over the years since I was the age of 2. 3 dogs. A few random fish....two fish that i bough with my first ever paycheck :) named snoopy and woodstock lol.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 11:55 AM

I am sorry to hear about your dog's passing.

But you know, that's pretty neat how your cat seemed to just know to step up and be there for you. What a sweetheart :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2010 05:05 PM

Well, I have had a lot of pets over the years. I am a complete animal lover myself, but I could never end up being a vet and seeing animals in miserable states. Back to what I have currently where i grew up:

4 horses - would be 5 but 1 past away this past fall

3 dogs - would be 4 but 1 also past away this past summer

1 cat

had a total of 7 horses, 8 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 gold fish in my life so far.

and if you count what I have at my other parents house:

1 dog

3 cats

newwalkwithlord

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2010 08:21 PM

well i have 5 kittens that are 2 weeks old

1 older kitten

1 cat

1 dog