Author Thread: I'm not sure what to do here!
gamegal

View Profile
History
I'm not sure what to do here!
Posted : 15 Dec, 2008 07:41 PM

I get plenty of people looking at my profile but not too many want to chat or even send a message. I realize my photos aren't that good but I get asked out in person (just not usually by people I want to go out with). I was really hoping to meet a christian and my married friends suggested I try this. I realize I'm not on line all that much but I checked the chat forums and it doesn't ever look like anyone is on here when I am either. I guess my personality & looks are better in person. Is it my profile or interests or just me? I know nothing about this stuff and very little about dating, just that I want to date a christian and that's why I choose this site. Any opinions? Really curious!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2008 08:09 PM

Hi,

I looked at your profile and could tell you were maybe a little nervous about the process, or maybe just your inexperience. It really wasn't bad. You just come across as nervous, but that can be a good thing.

I, personally, and this is just me, hate it when a woman says she doesn't need a man. It makes me think that she wants to rule the home. I was married to an independent woman, and it will never happen again. I want a woman that needs and depends on me, as I will need and depend on her. Like I said, that is just a personal thing with me, but it was all it took to keep me from contacting a woman.

Other than that, you sound like a catch. Just give it some time, the guys will find you. Then you will be wishing they would leave you alone every once in a while. LOL

Blessings,

Leon

gamegal

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2008 09:30 PM

Thanks alot for responding. I really appreciate it! I AM nervous about this whole thing. I see where you give advice and I could use some(understatement!) I really didn't mean I don't need a man, just not willing to settle for ANY man. I got ill about 4 years ago w/ an uncurable auto-immune disease like lupus (in the same family). As a result, I was sick alot, my blood pressure drops dramatcally and I pass out. Due to this (small part of the disease) and the medication I have to take, I no longer have a driver's license which makes it even harder to get out and meet people. My then husband decided I was sick too much for him and he preferred his 30 yr old secretary and proceeded to have her (instead of the lunch I packed) at various hotels at lunch time. This went on for several months before I realized what was going on and everyone in his office knew...it was horrible to put it mildly. I was a very good wife and always made him feel like a king and I guess he took it to heart and decided he could do better. since then he has done so many hurtful things to me (stolen $7000. from an acct to fix the house so we could sell it, completely shut out the kids,who are basically young adults and don't want anything to do with him anyway) but he just left and I had no way to leave the house to get groceries, meds, ANYTHING! Not to mention, he had come home several times and found me unconcious on the floor so he knew it wasn't safe for me to be alone...WOW..sorry, didn't mean to get into all that, I don't even know you! Anyway, I've got help now and surely didn't mean to sound desparate...but it does make me nervous re: trusting and/or ever really loving anyone like that again. It turned out to be the best thing because he was not a christian and I have been but this has brought me so much closer to God and actually studying his word now, it's a blessing, but it does get lonely so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks & God bless,

Debi

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2008 11:53 AM

12/16/08 2:46pm

Debi...Debi...Debi !! :peace:

Girl..Girl......enjoy the peace.

I just got an email from a girlfriend . Shes now running from this Bozo who at first didn't go to church but said he wanted to. I had told her....I had told her...I had told her....

don't be fooled by that crapola!! :stop:

As old as the bozo is and he hasn't gone to church all this time---Now he wants to go?? Chile please!! She met him online too. Beware of lying men!! :toomuch:

Now three weeks later shes dodging his calls and wants to dump him cause he believes in pre-marital sex and wants her.

And..And....hes surprised shes not returning his calls!

DUHH ! DUHH!! :bunny:

Sooo...Debi.....enjoy the peace, tranquility and an always put down toilet seat!! :rocknroll: hee..hee...hee

Peace & Love

:yay:

Wonder Woman

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2008 01:23 PM

Hi Debi,

Sounds like there wasn't a whole lot to miss there, but I know better. Good or bad, we get used to having a person around. When we don't have them any more, it hurts. Everyone has good points, and these are the things we remember.

It sounds like you had a very rough time of it, but please listen to our dear sister, and don't get in too big a rush to replace him. I know we all miss the companionship and closeness you only get from a spouse, but there are a lot of predators out there that know that as well. Just keep your eyes open and test every spirit, to see if it is of God.

I know it sounds daunting, but there are good men out there....and no, they are not all married. Many men jump back into bad relationships, too. Then you have two people who watch every move the other makes, ready to bolt at the first bad sign. Relax, trust God, and you will never be disappointed.

Most important of all, don't ever let the bad things that have happened to you harden your heart. When that happens, you are the one that suffers, not them...they don't care. Stay yourself, yes you will get hurt occasionally, but wait until that one comes along. Then there will be no regrets.

Love and grace,

Leon

gamegal

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2008 08:38 PM

Oh, I'm definately NOT jumping!! It's been 2 years but I guess when I start talking about it it seems fresher! It is definately harder to trust now but the Lord has His plans and I really don't think it is for me to be alone for the rest of my life and if it is He'll show me that way, too and I will be content. Thanks so much for listening!