Author Thread: Was Jesus Morally Perfect
Admin

Was Jesus Morally Perfect
Posted : 5 Jun, 2011 08:22 AM

I have come across many people who question if Jesus Christ was indeed morally perfect,even people who are christians try to use the scriptures to prove that Jesus wasn't morally perfect, so I felt the need to write this note, even though if I explain it or not, doesn't change the fact that Jesus was indeed perfect in every way.

So let me start off with scripture which is 2 Corinthians 5:21 "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." This is referring to Jesus Christ becoming sin for the world, paying the penalty for our sin which is death so that we can be reconnected to God. Some people may be wondering what is sin? Sin is anything against God, it's anything morally bad or wrong. It's murder, hate, stealing, lying, cheating and the list goes on. So now that we know what sin is and that Jesus was without that, therefore Jesus was morally perfect.

We can also look at God and what He stands for. God is everything that is good and sin is everything that is evil. God and sin are total opposites,therefore God can not be connected to sin, He hates sin with a passion. In fact, He hates sin so much that when His own son bore sin, He disconnected Himself from him, as He did us when sin came into the world by our disobedience to God. So when Jesus bore sin on the cross, He was disconnected from God at that time, but wait, in order to be disconnected from God, Jesus would have had to be connected to Him before, WHEN HE WAS WITHOUT SIN, therefore Jesus was indeed morally perfect.

If you didn't know, Jesus has many names, such as the Son of Man, Son of David, Messiah, Christ, The Lamb of God and the Perfect Sacrifice. Perfect Sacrifice? Why did they call him that you may ask yourself. They called him the perfect sacrifice because he was God's guilt offering to the world, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"-John 3:16. In the old testament, if a person sinned, he would sacrifice an animal, which had to be without defect, to present to God so their sins would be forgiven. Jesus was that animal for the world, the perfect sacrifice and the last for all mankind. He was without defect (sin), therefore Jesus was the ONLY one qualified to pay the penalty for the sins of the world,because he was perfect. "Jesus answered, �I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."- John 14:6

There are numerous scriptures in the bible that proves that Jesus was perfect, but these are just a few. I won't bother listing all of them because it would be a waste of time because me explaining how Jesus was perfect should not be the reason that you come to believe, but the fact that God loves us so much, despite our hatred, imperfections and disobedience towards Him, that He gave up what He loved dearly,Jesus, so that we can have evelasting life with Him. That's all the proof you need.

nightfarmer

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2011 11:20 PM

thank you fanatic:glow:

we need more christians to make the stand defending our LORD AND SAVIOR,,,

TO many of us are silent by standers,THANKYOU for sharing and knowleage of the scriptures ur respected by me

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2011 10:54 AM

Thank you God for giving your only Son as

a sacrifice for our sins. Jesus was the Perfect

Lamb.

Great Post!

:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2013 08:41 PM

Depends who you ask. If you ask the Pharisees then no he wasn't because he broke tradition. If you talked to the rock throwers that wanted to stone Mary to death they would have agreed. If you asked the roman soldiers they would also say "No, that is why we crucified him!"

Does being morally correct mean it is equal to being innocent according righteousness sake according to God-no. I think you are adding words and assumptions that are not in scripture.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2014 11:32 AM

"Was Jesus Morally Perfect?"

He is and was perfect!

Those who say the contrary tried to appeal their self-righteousness.

I love when God witnessed regarding Jesus, when He was baptized and at the moment He was transfigured, in the presence of Peter, James and John.

I do love when Jesus taught His disciples to be above the "average" or common people: "Mat 23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowd and to His disciples,

Mat 23:2 saying, The scribes and the Pharisees have sat down on Moses' seat.

Mat 23:3 Then all things, whatever they tell you to keep, keep and do. But do not do according to their works, for they say, and do not do.

Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy and hard to bear burdens, and lay them on the shoulders of men, but they do not desire to move them with their finger.

Mat 23:5 And they do all their works to be seen by men. And they make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their robes."

When He said all these, He was above their standards.

CarlAHartwell

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2015 09:47 PM

RobertLee

My Brother, I believe you are playing 'devils advocate'.

It matters not what; the Pharisees, the Sadducees, nor the Roman soldiers, nor the throngs of Jews calling him to be executed, 'thought' about him.

Clearly they were in error! The point remains that he s morally perfect.

Anybody, now or then who denies that he was morally perfect, for whatever reason, is in error, and are effectively denying him.

For how can we accept Jesus as the atonement for our sins (Le 5:18, Ro 5:11), the high priest of the tribe of Israel (He 8:1), the intercessor between us and God (Ro 8:34); if we deny his perfection as the righteous Lamb of God? (Jn 1:36, Re 7:17)