Author Thread: My experience
Admin

My experience
Posted : 23 Jun, 2011 07:19 AM

It is important to have a relationship where yall are equally yoked. When I got married I thought he was a Christian. He went to church with me and said all the right things. But after we got married he didn't want to go any more and didn't want me to have anything to do with my faith either. It caused a lot of strife in our marriage and we eventually grew apart. When you are a Christian it sets you apart from the world. And when a man or woman is not a believer then you can never really be one with them, yall are set apart.

I look back and wonder if I could have done things different. I was trying to be a light to him in this dark world, show him the love of Christ. I encouraged and I wonder did I push him too much? He ended up being very upset with me if I did things like pray or talk about the Lord.

I made it out one night and I am happy to be here. But I never intended for it to end. As a Christian I believe that marriage is a forever thing, I didn't want the divorce. But he, as a non-believer, wanted out. He is now re-married to another non believer. And I am a 25 year old divorcee which is a hard thing for Christian men to look past. The values that we lead our lives by are so different from the world. Please, as Christians, don't bind yourselves so permanently to the World.

PEM4

View Profile
History
My experience
Posted : 2 Jul, 2011 06:15 AM

My sister, I am happy to have read your story this morning because it uplifts me and I feel encouraged by it. God will renew your strength and send the right person for you or he will keep you from getting in another situation like this again. Be strong in the Lord never give up, he has been doing great things for you and you are witnessing for him so others can be strengthened and be saved.

Sisterly love.

P

View Profile
History
My experience
Posted : 7 Jul, 2011 05:05 AM

This is an interesting story. A man who presents himself to be a Christian before you are married, then after the marriage

he is revealed as a non-Christian.

Sometimes we miss the signs and are blinded by love, so to speak.

Often times, God gives decernment to knowing who is saved and who is not. If we stop and listen to God's voice, we

can avoid many things that would be not good for Us.

Thanks for sharing the story, I pray God lets you know who is the Right man for you in the future.

Much prayer is always needed for Us when dating or seeking a future mate.

:angel:

View Profile
History
My experience
Posted : 12 Jul, 2011 04:33 PM

confuse

I meet a men, with all the qualification I am looking for

but he is not a christian, he know I am,he tells me that Iam the one he was looking for. I really like him, what can I do

View Profile
History
My experience
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 10:18 AM

well,

There are three "types", carnal christians (born again, but sitting on the fence), household christians (those to whom Ephesians is addressed and unbelievers...as in all the rest, like oh muslims, atheists, taoists, darwinists, budhists, and the list goes on.

So, maybe the question is how do you know a person you are dating is a Christian?

michael

Christiancowboy1

View Profile
History
My experience
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 09:00 AM

Aww your story is very touching. It's also my own story in many ways. Look at it this way. You didn't understand being equally yoked at the time. Or how to look at the true heart of a person and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you to truth. You now have a blessed knowledge that oh so many even here dont know moreless understand. In your heart you desire to go to church and also to grow as one in the Lord with your mate. Your ex I would venture to sau never truly had that desire in his heart. In my past marriages my spouses only desired to go to church, but it was only because they thought it was the thing to do. It wasnt in their hearts to grow in him. This is what you now know and see, so that now your eyes are open to allow him to someday yoke you with one who is like minded and going in the same direction in him as one together. Be blessed in your heart that you are free from that, and now have been blessed to allow him to guide you in your hearts true desires in him.

I wrote a post a few months ago and just reposted it here again. it's in the Advice on Love and Dating, and is called New Life For The Divorced. I pray it can also bless you more and give you a greater understanding of his will and desire ahead for you.

Gods Continued Blessings And Love,

David