Author Thread: Homosexuality and the Bible
Admin

Homosexuality and the Bible
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 06:38 AM

I've heard many people say that "Homosexuality is a gift from God" or "God made me homosexual". I know that this might offend some people but I would be wrong to not tell you the truth. Those two statements are not of God and therefore are lies from Satan. Homosexuality is not a gift from God nor did He make you like that. Homosexuality is a sin and God hates all sin. "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."- Leviticus 18:22. This verse clearly shows that God disapproves of homosexuality. "Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator�who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."- Romans 1:24-27. This proves that God did not make us like this, but simply let us do what we wanted to (free will) as a result of our sinful nature. We as humans wanted to please our sinful desires rather than serve God so God let us choose.

I have met people who have said they were a Christian, but yet accepted their homosexuality. As Christians, we should try our best to put ALL sin to death, including homosexuality. Most people have accepted homosexuality as part of who they are because of what people have told them, saying that it's nothing wrong with being that way. �Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them�- Romans 1:32 . If you are going to accept one sin then you might as well accept all your sins. To say that you�re a Christian and you believe that sin is bad but yet accept this particular sin as part of who you are is hypocritical. It is just like a straight person saying that they hate sin and love God, but their sex addiction is apart of whom they are. We would look at him like he was sadly mistaken, if not crazy. But some people might say "Who are you to judge?" but the question is what type of brother would I be to you if I didn't show you your wrong and left you lost? That would be like a Christian not telling an unsaved person about Jesus because he sees that he is happy in his sinful ways. This is not to down cast you but to rebuke and uplift you to do the will of God and not the will of Satan.

Even though homosexuality is wrong, it doesn't give anyone the right to look down on those who are homosexual, especially Christians. The reason why I say especially Christians is because we should know of God's love and we should know how it feels to be lost and confused since we were all at one time enemies and separated from God. Many homosexuals have abandoned the faith and/or thought and talked badly about Christians as well as Christianity because they have encountered a "Christian" who spoke wrongly of them because of there sexuality. A person who is a homosexual is someone who is living in sin, just as you and I lived in sin before and sin still. So if I know that I myself am sinful, how can I possibly look down and condemn someone who is also in sin? Instead we should not only help them and tell them about the love of God but also show it as well.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 01:14 PM

My bible says homosexuality is a choice, a behavior, love the sinner, hate the sin.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2011 06:46 AM

Did I not mention all those in my note?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 02:46 PM

I can't say that I read much of anyone's writings on here...depends on the content, my mood, how long, how short, how controversial. I prefer posts that have a complete absence of scripture.. my goal is getting the gist. sometimes its just to read a posting and thank God I am not the person who wrote it.. as in being thankful my brain isn't cluttered up like that..

bless,

michael

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 05:02 PM

Great Post!

I like the way you refered to the Scriptures here.

God loves Us but hates Sin.

Oh, and I did read it which is unusal most Long Post

does not interest me. But this Issue is a rising

Sin in our Nation.

God Bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2011 02:02 PM

Whilst I believe you can be homosexual and Christian, I don't accept that it's what God wants, and by engaging in those practices, you cut yourself off from some blessings, and expose yourself to more evil.

Now I'm not questioning or condemning those who are simply not attracted to the opposite sex - nobody can control who they're drawn to - the sin is in the actions which is very much under their control.

But after all of that, homosexuality is no more of a death-sentence than stealing a Mars bar or pride - the wages of all is the same! Thank God for His mercy, Jesus' sacrifice and that our own weaknesses are easier to hide from others!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 06:24 AM

If you all could write me in my inbox i would love to further explain and talk with you on this subject thanks and Godbless :)

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2011 06:39 AM

Sometimes I think people confuse generational curses with "God made me this way", but I thoroughly agree with you, God does not give us things that are in direct opposition to His Ways. He does however allow demons to run their courses for a season and we are a direct result of what it is like to be tainted by sin. It originated in the Garden of Eden, but those same lies and same attacks still work on us. Demons attack through our eyes, our flesh and our pride.

"See the fruit, it is PLEASING TO THE EYES and TASTES GOOD and you with SURELY NOT DIE, and you can BE LIKE GOD".....the eyes, the flesh, the pride.

"You can do what you want, look at it, it is enticing, you want it so much and it is not like you are going to burst into flame or anything, besides, you are in control of your own destiny, aren't you?"

Same old ring, over and over and over. Same old lines and they work again and again and again.

It amazes me how many people think they can change the mind of an unchanging God. like when they get there, they can plead their case and God will say "Okay, gee, never thought of it like that before."

Somebody does have to change. My bet is it's us and not HIM, cuz one of us is perfect and it's not us. So would it not make sense to strive to be just a little more like HIM as we progress in our walk toward Him?

Seems that way to me anyway, but I am just......

Tarasye!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2011 11:54 AM

100%, unadultrated, ABSOLUTE TRUTH! The Word does not lie, although I do believe that even though we shouldn't alter our world view based on this depraved society where "anything go's, (including in most churches) we should strive to have the heart of Christ (Beatitudes, Mat 5) and still love those into the Kingdom. Bashing them in the head never won anybody to Christ. LOVE ALWAYS WINS.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2011 04:10 PM

Homosexuality came into existence because of Sin!

It is a defect in their DNA. Being a Homosexual in and of itself is Not a SIN! Acting out your impulses is. I know of Homosexuals that Carry that Cross daily and remain celibate and resist urges.

We should Love them and allow them the Dignity that all of God�s Children deserve. We need to Pray for them and offer them whatever help we can.

Homosexuality is contrary to God�s Plan�yet we should Condemn the Sin�not the Sinner! Keeping quiet and allowing same sex marriages is not the way to deal with this. We do need to show Mercy and Compassion and Respect.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:52 AM

Perhaps people have not heard the battle cry, but....

"I didn't choose to be gay I was born this way."

Myself I think that on this issue there are there typical ways it can be heard.

1. Nature

2. Nurture (conditioned)

3. Choice

If one chooses to a behaviour that is deviates from the norm they be seen as deviants. People dislike this like because then they are bad people.

If one is conditioned to behave in a deviant manner then they are victim. Nobody likes to be considered a victim.

If one is made that way then they can respond - I didn't choose to be gay I was born this way!!! This allows people to have pride, and also people do not think it fair to punish people for things that they are not responsible for.

I myself am no longer certain what I believe on the issue. I am certain that it is evil (despite attempts to say Sodom and Gomorrah was about hospitality, not homosexuality, so on and so forth). Our choices, effect our character, the more we entertain them, the stronger and more pronounced they become. I think that it is a mixture of all three.

What I have noticed amongst homosexual males, a tendancy to be decadent.

So God did give them homosexual desires? Not sure how it works, but that is a larger subject and this post already to long. Please private message me as I do always regularly frequent the forums. But you are welcome to ask here, and if I see then of course I will do my best.

Page : 1 2