community/outreach/work programs ?
Posted : 26 Oct, 2011 10:28 PM

Sounds like economics?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Critical Thinking and Analysis
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 11:14 PM

Interesting post.

One of the aspects of integrity, is that who you are stands for something. Both beliefs and actions. If a person has attributes that have a high correlation with a particular action then it is reasonable to bewary the next time these are presented.

Perhaps you may say this is prejudiced. There are many valid and sound issues that apply to principle above. However if one wishes to reject it wholely then they must reject the prinicple of "get me one shame on you, get me twice shame on me." Or they must add conditions to what has been said.

Please note that a person presenting indicators where a correlation has been established does not mean that they are necessarily that but it does mean they are more likely to be so. Or ... cause and effect (if X then Y) and correlations (if X then quantifier such as unlikely, most probably and so on, will produce Y).

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 11:03 PM

One approach in New Zealand that has been taken in cases of battery, is to get all the male relatives, extended included and turn up and take the lady.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 11:01 PM

I don't know if the reasons refered in the Bible are exhaustive. For instance is a "house of peace" a justification as well?

Myself I never intend to ever get divorced, but for those that would be quick denounce this off the bat, this also includes battery and so on. Is battery a justification? It is not biblically explicit that is so. If my daughter - God willing I have one, was being repeatedly assualted I would certainly step in.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Calvin cannot:
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 10:54 PM

Not familiar with American history, but were not a number of the linchings done Christians of various denominations.

There will be people in every denomination, or at the very least associated with it will do dodgy things in action that do not bring glory to God in everything they do.

So what tenant of Calvinism is it that you have issue with? (and quite possibly rightly so).

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
how do you know if a guy is a player?
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 12:26 AM

Good question. Perhaps you just have to get to know them. The last post was a good one, ask his friends, but also listen to yours. But I guess you can never really tell if they like to roll in the mud.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Justifying:
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 12:09 AM

God is sovereign and can do what he wants. His character defines the scope of what he wants to do though.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Is the Bible a collection of cultural writings?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2011 05:36 PM

Where I am heading is why is there the canon of writings that there are, and why are not new ones introduced.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Is the Bible a collection of cultural writings?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2011 06:30 PM

Holy Spirit but cultural writings all the same/

The previous time this question was posted people answered yes is.

So then if it was written in context of the culture of the time, this begs the following question; WHAT IS SCRIPTURE.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10