Author Thread: What are Women Looking for?
Admin

What are Women Looking for?
Posted : 31 Dec, 2008 01:48 PM

Hi Ladies!

I would really like to know what you are lloking for in a Christian man?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2009 10:50 AM

Hi Rob. I can't speak for the whole of womankind, but I can say, as a Christian woman, I mainly look for a man who really loves the Lord and walks the talk. I think if a man has a committed relationship to the Lord, then he will treat ME right. If God is love and you are mirroring his image, then you should be loving and reflecting love in all areas of your life. I like a strong man, a decisive man yet one who is compassionate and gentle with me. I want a fierce protector, a hard working man, and one who is humble. Some women are into rich men with great bods, even Christian women I know will just be happy with a college degree, a handsome face, and a pew warmer. I personally, have to have more than that. Looks are nice but not as important as who they are as a person. I want to see Jesus in his eyes. Fierce yet tender. I want a fair man. I have no problem with submission but won't do it if forced. I don't want a bully. A man has to have a good sense of humor. There's time to be serious but he needs to be playful and not a stuffy, legalistic, dictator. Does that answer your question?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2009 11:08 AM

PS- Women today chase men a lot. I am old fashioned and I don't call men (unless in a serious relationship) nor chase them in any way. I think if a woman is important to a man, he will pursue her relentlessly (unless of course she tells him she doesn't click with him!) I think the Lord is like that with us. I think the Holy Spirit pursues us, doesn't give up on us, isn't easily deterred. I like the chivalrous ideas of romance, where a man makes time for a woman and in letting her know she is important to him. I have friends who call men and feel they have to do that or they'll never talk to one. Not for me. If a man likes me, he will be the aggressor and pursue ME. I love men, I am not into head games, probably one of the most honest people I know, even to my detriment, I am honest. I don't waste time and I am not afraid of saying how I feel yet I temper it in kindess, I hate hurting people's feelings. Men don't get mixed signals with me. If I like them, they will know it. But, they will be the one calling me, asking ME out. I feel when a man adores something, be it sports, hobbies, or a woman, he will make time for them and pursue them. But again, I can't speak for all womankind, I think I don't really fit in with the whole of society, even in Christian woman world! LOL! Blessings to you in your endeavors!

MissJoy

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 09:47 AM

Hi, Rob,

What the young, wise lady before me wrote is oh so true for me, too. Looks are an added bonus, it's the heart of man that matters. BE WHO YOU REALLY ARE. It seems that so many mean put things in their profile, you begin talking/emailing and then sooner or later things are revealed that portray someone different than in the profile. As for myself, men who come across as "needy" or desperate don't rank very high. But a man willing to wait on the Lord, and understands the meaning of doing things in His time, is true gem. Most women, I think, like a man who is upfront from the start and doesn't keep her guessing. I am only speaking from a Christian standpoint and would guess that a worldly woman would not mind dating a man with worldy qualities or values. But for a woman of God, to see Jesus in the face of the man she loves exceeds all wealth and all physical appearance. to sum it up? We want a true Christ-follower. Someone devoted to the Word, diligent in his faith, and if he has all this, then all the rest will fall into place (such as his understanding of how to love and treat a woman).

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search. Be patient, and don't settle for less than what you dream of in a mate.

jezcie

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 03:02 AM

I agree with u ladies :).

Normally a good christian woman will look for a good christian man too. For me, a good christian man must has a strong relationship with God, know his responsibility in anything he would like to do, good manner and respectful ( especially with his parents and also other people). His character is more important than look. Like what miss joy said, look is just a bonus. But in reality, besides that, he must be a hardworking person. Not all girls looking for rich men, just bcos want a better life very quickly, but for me as long he works hard to support his family. I dont think we can match with someone 100% but as long he has half of the criterion that a good christian looking for :)... so maybe, to be an ideal couple, u should balance your strenght and weakness with your partner.

Just to share my opinion......

:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2009 06:34 PM

Very well put, sisters! I really liked this quote, Miss Joy, "But for a woman of God, to see Jesus in the face of the man she loves exceeds all wealth and all physical appearance. to sum it up? We want a true Christ-follower." Very good! I would love to see the lover of my soul, Jesus, in the face of my beloved. A TRUE Christ follower. Are there any out there?

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2009 11:27 AM

Every woman wants to be loved. You can't imagine how much a woman can do when she knows her man loves her. She can pray, fast, support, care, work around the house with a happy smile, give birth to hundreds of kids... :applause:

God asked women to be obedient to their husbands. And what did He tell to men??? To LOVE their wives. Because God knows how much every woman needs it...

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:05 AM

Hi Rob. This forum caught my eye, because like every man out there, I wanted to know the answer to this question. However, even after reading some of the vague replies, I realized that to ask this question your assuming that men and women know exactly what they want. Though it's possible, I am a hard skeptic to the belief that people even know enough about themselves to really address what they are looking for in a mate. Good luck in your quest, but i think you'd be better suited to ask a psychologist.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 09:19 AM

Sorry, jnykash4, but I don't understand what was so "vague" about the ladies' responses that it warranted such a pessimistic response from you. I read what they said and I don't know how much "clearer" they could have been. These ladies know exactly what they want. Other than ordering the car to be painted red with leather interior, I don't understand why you tried to nullify their responses as them "not knowing" what they want in a man and "needing to discover who they are". You come across condescending to females. Maybe the fault isn't that they weren't clear, but that you don't know how to listen or hear what women are saying. Just scratching my head over your response.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2009 03:44 PM

jnykash4, I apologize for my last entry, I re-read it and it didn't come across the way I intended. It sounded harsh and I should have chosen my wording differently. I don't know how to delete a post so it's stuck there! Please forgive me! ("I place my hands over my mouth"- Job)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 06:32 PM

A Godly Eagle.

Robin

Page : 1 2