Author Thread
MissJoy

View Profile
Is purity still a value out there?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 03:54 PM

Wow. What a blessing you will be to some man. The joy of becoming one has become so clouded these days. Don't let any man ever make you feel less than the precious gem that you are!

MissJoy

View Profile
Distance
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 03:40 PM

LDRs can have advantages and disadvantages. What Leon wrote rings so true, though. It can get costly. If God can move mountains then He can also allow a way for people miles apart to be brought together.

MissJoy

View Profile
Women what do you like to see in a man's profile on here?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 09:55 AM

I agree about the shirtless men. That is a real deal breaker for me. If he isn't wearing a shirt then I don't even bother reading the profile. But the one thing that ALWAYS grabs my attention is if they mention their Christianity. Also if the profile appears to have had a bit of thought and intellect put into it that helps.

MissJoy

View Profile
What are Women Looking for?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 09:47 AM

Hi, Rob,

What the young, wise lady before me wrote is oh so true for me, too. Looks are an added bonus, it's the heart of man that matters. BE WHO YOU REALLY ARE. It seems that so many mean put things in their profile, you begin talking/emailing and then sooner or later things are revealed that portray someone different than in the profile. As for myself, men who come across as "needy" or desperate don't rank very high. But a man willing to wait on the Lord, and understands the meaning of doing things in His time, is true gem. Most women, I think, like a man who is upfront from the start and doesn't keep her guessing. I am only speaking from a Christian standpoint and would guess that a worldly woman would not mind dating a man with worldy qualities or values. But for a woman of God, to see Jesus in the face of the man she loves exceeds all wealth and all physical appearance. to sum it up? We want a true Christ-follower. Someone devoted to the Word, diligent in his faith, and if he has all this, then all the rest will fall into place (such as his understanding of how to love and treat a woman).

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search. Be patient, and don't settle for less than what you dream of in a mate.

MissJoy

View Profile
Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
Posted : 22 Dec, 2008 05:02 PM

Leon, Thanx for the clarity. I can only echo all that you have said. I have lost frienships, family ties, and even romance because of my own Christianity,so believe me when I say that I know that being a Chrisitian is no popularity contest. But I wouldn't give up what I have in Christ for one second to have back what I lost; for what I will gain in Heaven will surpass all.

MissJoy

View Profile
klmartin62
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 10:57 PM

Leon, aka klmartin 62...

Just want to say that this site is blessed to have him as a member. In the forums his words always reflect a heart for Jesus. I think a lot of hurting people have been uplifted through his kindness and gentleness and his wisdom and knowledge of the scripture. Thanks, Leon, for allowing God to shine through you. God bless you.

MissJoy

View Profile
Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 10:47 PM

I have several things to say on this topic. First of all, though, I want to address something to Leon. I have read many of your posts and truly appreciate your wisdom and your gentle, Christ-like attitude, but you said something in your last post that I completely disagree with and am sincerely asking for clarification on. You stated that if we willfully sin, we will not be forgiven. If this is so, then the whole world is lost and we have no hope for redemption through Christ. Peter willfully denied Christ three times; do you think he was not forgiven? The Father I serve knows that I am only human and that I will not be perfect and will fall into temptation. But He also knows my heart,and when I humbly and earnestly confess my sins to Him and ask forgiveness, the blood of Christ washes me clean -- that is why Jesus died, that is what the blood of the Lamb is all about.

Now, about premarital sex... Our bodies are not our own. We belong to God. Once we enter into a committed covenant with a mate (marriage), our body becomes our mates. it isn't ours to give away in the first place.

Now in defense of some of the men I have talked to from this site... I have talked to men on this site who stand firm in their faith and do not believe in sex outside of marriage. I spoke through email and phone to one man in particular from here and over the course of four months, he never let the conversation be led astray toward any sexual content so as to not compromise either of us. There are men out there who understand the virtue of abstinance; don't hesitate to search high and low for them...

MissJoy

View Profile
me
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 10:16 PM

What you said is something we all need to strive for: confidence in Christ. Once we have that confidence, then our own self worth will spring forth and renew us in to the best person we can be.

Sweetie, be yourself and wait on the Lord. He knows the desires of your heart. Have you ever thought that maybe God had a specific need from you as His servant and a relationship with a man would interfere with that? I'm only specualting. But God does everything for a reason and does everything in His time. If Jesus lives in your heart, then His beauty will reflect on your appearance. And the right man, the one God has designed just for you, will see that beauty and love you for it. Hang in there, and know that God loves you better than any man on earth ever will.

MissJoy

View Profile
A Poem for the forem :D
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 03:06 PM

that was cute...

MissJoy

View Profile
is love for suckers?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 02:58 PM

No, sir, Love is not for suckers. Jesus loved and He loved with His whole heart. The Bible says for men to love their wives as Christ loved the Church...

Loving and letting go of hurt is a chance we take when that one person comes along who makes it worthwhile. And when Christ is in the center of that love, the sky is the limit. Sex? Why settle for "sex?" I want intimacy laced with love, from a man who has been sent to me from God, who loves my body as his own, and knows that the only way he can get to my heart is through God.

So what are you waiting for? There are plenty of lovely Christian women on this site... take a chance big guy.

God bless you.

Page : 1 2