Author Thread: Heart-to-Heart Conversations on Love by William B. Girao
uniquecrystalheart74

View Profile
History
Heart-to-Heart Conversations on Love by William B. Girao
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 04:30 PM

Heart-to-Heart Conversations on Love by William B. Girao

Before courting a woman or entertaining a suitor, know the person sufficiently. Before �getting serious�, give enough time for both of you to know each other. GOD�s guidance is cumulative. The advice of others, your common interest and the deepening conviction of heart and mind coming out of prayer should combine to point you to only one direction. Where there is no discernible direction, take more time before making your decision. The choice of a marriage partner is crucial. Don�t rush.

You do not necessarily communicate love by saying to a girl, �I love you.� More than words, love is communicated through actions that show your acceptance, understanding & appreciation of a person. You communicate love when you would do everything to protect her & secure for her her highest good.

When a guy constantly criticizes & ridicules the girl that he says he loves and makes her feel stupid & childish, he does not communicate love even if he tells the girl, �I love you� a hundred times. He who is convinced that he is always right & the girl is always wrong & says so communicates only conceit & arrogance, not love. He who always demands his rights & grabs the best advantage for himself communicates selfishness & self-centeredness, not love.

When a guy demands that he should �be accepted for what he is� � that it should be the girl who should adjust to his moods, his schedule, his friends, his family, & his work, then, he does not really love her. When a girl feels no freedom to be herself but always has to conform to what a guy wants, then, there is no genuine love. She would be a fool to marry such a person.

The atmosphere of true love is mutual acceptance & mutual appreciation. Where there is genuine love, there is always the desire to understand the other, to protect the other, & to give up one�s rights for the sake of the other. The setting of True Love is Freedom. Where a girl cannot be herself without coming under withering ridicule, sharp criticism & haughty correction, there is no love. There is only overbearing dominance or feelings of insecurity on the part of the guy.

Saying �I love you� is not difficult. If you truly love someone you will always be able to gather the courage to say so. The more difficult part is showing your love for the other by your attitude & deeds. The words �I love you� are believable only when said by someone who is self-giving & self-sacrificing. Otherwise, �I love you� will be nothing but disgusting insincerity.

For a good wife, look for someone who has a sincere love for GOD & a hunger for the things of GOD. Stay away from women who exudes the aura of �I know it all� & has the �here let me teach you� attitude. You will be the leader of your home. An unteachable wife will be a heavy burden.

Marry only someone that you could fully accept responsibility for. Husbands are expected to be the protector of their wives & not the other way around. The protection that wives need is not just physical but also emotional, moral, social, intellectual, & spiritual. It is the husband�s duty to protect his wife from physical danger, emotional pain, temptations, moral failure and unfaithfulness to the LORD.

�Marry someone you could lead, not someone who will lead you;

Someone you could teach, not someone who will be your tutor;

Someone you could protect, not someone who will step into the shoes of your mom;

Someone you could provide, not someone who is in a position to lavishly shower you with material provisions.� :hearts: