Author Thread: Happily Ever After...without Prince Charming
Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Happily Ever After...without Prince Charming
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 11:21 AM

ust a thought...perhaps an ironic and irritating thought...haha!

From the very start, our parents have been telling us that one day, you'll get married and raise a family, and we grew up believing in fairy tales, Cinderella story, etc. Once in awhile, we dream and look forward into meeting "The One"..the one who'll sweep our feet off the ground, and we usually believe that a happy life equates a family life. We believe and often dream that one day, someone's going to come, and we'll be happy...

But, what if no one came? No one dared to come? Are we still entitled to happiness?

The happiness of single blessedness, perhaps?

Which is more difficult to do? To hope everyday that someday, someone's coming, and look for a date every single day, or to just accept that no one's coming and just be happy with yourself and whoever (family, friends, colleagues, pets) you have right now and equally shower them with love and care?

What is it about being single that some people find it difficult to embrace? Is being single really synonymous to being lonely?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2009 09:02 PM

Seek and you shall find, knock, and it shall be opened.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 11:25 PM

I don't believe that all of us will get married, even those of us who desire to. God does not fulfill all of our desires here on earth. So I do my best to walk closely with God as that is the only thing that matters. And yes, I still hope and pray but I also will continue to follow Christ if God does not have a man for me.

I've been writing a short "paper" about my thoughts on this...

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 03:30 AM

Thank God someone got my point!haha!:) What I really mean is that I'm trying to put single life (for now or perhaps forever) in a better light. I know I shouldn't be saying these things in a Christian DATING site, for as a member, it's like drinking a prescribed medicine and not really believing that it would cure you or would even serve its purpose. All I'm saying is that being single is also a good choice for a lot of reasons. And our completeness isn't found by finding "the other half" or "significant other" because I believe that each one of us should be complete since we have Jesus and the manifestations of His kindness and glory such as our family, friends, community, career, and all the blessings that we receive everyday. Sometimes, it gets me when people say that "poor you, you have no one to be with." Well, I think not because there's Jesus to begin with.

I'm not really defying the beliefs of the hopeless romantics because believing in love and its glory is beautiful. It's just that, I don't like it when people see being single as a inadequacy that they pity those who are single.

I think that it's better to feel happy about being single to begin with, so that if it's the Lord's will that I should marry, it's just as fine. My partner would only complement my happiness, but not necessarily complete it because it's already complete in Christ to begin with. :)

But, then again, this is just my opinion. :)

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 04:21 AM

Thanks for posting a comment, Jason! John 16:24, of course is nice. But, what if you don't want to ask and you surrender that area in your life to Him, instead?

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 03:03 PM

The reason why I wrote that paper (I don't know if you read it but I posted it in the forum) is because I think so many of us feel incomplete as a single and it gets us down to where we shouldn't be. Sometimes I think it is ok but if we are pining away and feel that we cannot be whole without someone then I think that we are throwing away the gift that God gave us as a single.

So I think it is important for us as singles to realize that although it is good to hope and have dreams and to not give up on them, that marriage will not come to all of us and that no matter what, Christ shoud be first.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 12:29 AM

Hey Luv Sick,

Being Single is One Of Those Things You Wake Up Go "HUH" But It Could Be Worse....I Am So Glad I Am Not With Someone Who Expects Me To Be Prefect In How I Talk Or Act" Some Only Some Guys LOL...But There Are That Few That Are Controling...So I Am Happy I Am Not In Abusive Situation That I Can Be My Own Person...You Just Live Your Own Life "Luv Sick" Almost As If "The Christian Guy" You Been Praying For Is Here In Your Life..."Don't Let Any Guy Change You" "Love You With All Your Heart" "Embrace Life" I Know Being Single..."Well It Sucks"...You See Other Couples Hand In Hand...And In Church..."Yuck" Do I Understand It "No" "Do I Want To Understand It" "No"...I Just Want To Focus In What The Lord Is Doing In Me" And Love Who I Am As A Believer" "Just Start To Think What Kind Of Conversations Would I Have With This Person If We Met On Here"..."Praise The Lord That The "Christian Guy He Has Picked Out To Be Your Husband Is Going To Be Loyal And Kind To You..."Thank Jesus For Your Husband Love For You And Your Life" "Like It Already Here" That What The Bible Says "Say Things That Aren't So..Speak Them Like They Are Ready Are Happening...(Forget Where That Is Found In The Bible) (So On That Note Stay Strong And Remember It Not By Might Not By Power But By My Spirit Saith The Lord..."It Not Us That Will Change "This Singleness" Only Jesus Can.. "The Precious HolySpirit Can Open Up Doors And Change Circumstance Just Like That..."His Spirit That Does The Work And Rebuke The Enemy And His Plan For Our Lives" "We Can Bind The Enemy In Our Prayers And Loose The Blessings Of God In Our Lives"....

"Don't Give Up Love Sick....

~May God Richely Bless You And Your Family~:applause:

~Lynda~:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 12:48 AM

Sunny G,

I do agree that singleness is a a gift for God Service Unto Him!!!! However,singleness is not for everyone and everyone doesn't have "The Gift Of Singlenss" "I Know I Sure Don't" LOL..."It depends on what The Lord Has For You" "I Do Agree Jesus Is The Love Of Our Lives And Sopose To Be #1 In Our Lives But There Is A Time In Our Daily Lives We Just Don't Want To Just Minister And Go Church To Church And Website To Website...You Want To Be Able To Have A Life And Laugh And "Go To The Grocery Store With Your Mate" And Feel Like A Person..."Going To Your Church By Yourself Is A Hard Thing To Do"..."I Have Peace Sunny G And "I Worship The Lord In Spirit And In Truth"..." I Don't Need A Christian Guy To Make Me Happy" "I Am Happy With My Life And How I Live It"... "However,I Want To Minister And Share And Give To My Husband" "If You Have Cried About Not Having A Husband" "Then My Guess It The Lord Doesn't Have The Gift Of Singleness On You" "Why Would The Lord Want Any Woman To Suffer" "If You Would Be Depressed And Serve "The Lord With Your Singleness Gift If You Weren't Passionate About "Just Dedicating Your Whole Life To The Church" "Why Would The Lord Give You That Call If It Would Make You Miserable"..."I Want A Husband" "I Am Not Passionate About Wake Up In The Morning And Dedicating My Life To Just "Other People" Yes That Is My Call As A Christain But My Main Objective Is My Husband And Child Or Children One Day..."I Am Not A Mother Teresa" "I Am Going To Live Out My Dream"....When You Are 33 Years Old Like Myself..."Being Single Get Old"..."Jesus Will Always Be My Bestfriend..."Always" But Singleness Has To Go In The Name Of Jesus LOL....:nahnah: This is what I think of singlenss sometimes LOL....:yay:

Hey Put it to you this way if I was Married do you think I would be up this late...trying to prove my point...Being Singleness Has It Down Falls...You have no one to be close to....and feel over joyed with...(When You See Your Husband Face&He Is Your Best Friend you feel empowered and a feeling I can't describe) Would I Be Up This Late No I Would Be With Him Right Now....:yay::party:When This Happen I Am Throwing Myself A Party LOL...:yay: "Freedom"....

~C YA Guys~:bouncy::laugh:

~Lynda~:ROFL::angel:

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 02:33 AM

Thanks, LyndaRuth for taking the time to comment. :) Anyway, don't worry, I'm not giving up but I'm not going to take a lot of time looking for "The One" either...I'm really more into harboring friends. And as for the quest of looking for 'The One', I leave that to Him (up there). Anyway, he's the ultimate match maker. No doubt about that. When it comes to love, I believe in manifest destiny...gotta love that word.:)

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 02:35 AM

Thanks, LyndaRuth for taking the time to comment. :) Anyway, don't worry, I'm not giving up but I'm not going to take a lot of time looking for "The One" either...I'm really more into harboring friends. And as for the quest of looking for 'The One', I leave that to Him (up there). Anyway, he's the ultimate match maker. No doubt about that. When it comes to love, I believe in manifest destiny...gotta love that word/s.:)

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 02:35 AM

Thanks, LyndaRuth for taking the time to comment. :) Anyway, don't worry, I'm not giving up but I'm not going to take a lot of time looking for "The One" either...I'm really more into harboring friends. And as for the quest of looking for 'The One', I leave that to Him (up there). Anyway, he's the ultimate match maker. No doubt about that. When it comes to love, I believe in manifest destiny...gotta love that word/s.:)

Page : 1 2