Author Thread: Happily Ever After...without Prince Charming
Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Happily Ever After...without Prince Charming
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 11:21 AM

ust a thought...perhaps an ironic and irritating thought...haha!

From the very start, our parents have been telling us that one day, you'll get married and raise a family, and we grew up believing in fairy tales, Cinderella story, etc. Once in awhile, we dream and look forward into meeting "The One"..the one who'll sweep our feet off the ground, and we usually believe that a happy life equates a family life. We believe and often dream that one day, someone's going to come, and we'll be happy...

But, what if no one came? No one dared to come? Are we still entitled to happiness?

The happiness of single blessedness, perhaps?

Which is more difficult to do? To hope everyday that someday, someone's coming, and look for a date every single day, or to just accept that no one's coming and just be happy with yourself and whoever (family, friends, colleagues, pets) you have right now and equally shower them with love and care?

What is it about being single that some people find it difficult to embrace? Is being single really synonymous to being lonely?

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 02:35 AM

Thanks, LyndaRuth for taking the time to comment. :) Anyway, don't worry, I'm not giving up but I'm not going to take a lot of time looking for "The One" either...I'm really more into harboring friends. And as for the quest of looking for 'The One', I leave that to Him (up there). Anyway, he's the ultimate match maker. No doubt about that. When it comes to love, I believe in manifest destiny...gotta love that word/s.:)

willimartin23

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2009 07:18 AM

I believe that some of us are to be single, I also believe that God will put any man with woman who desires it as long as they put God first. The bible does say it is not good for man to be alone God said that. So I do believe that those who want to get married will, It is like a butter fly when you quit trying to catch it it will just land on you. That is how love works. When you quit trying to find it it will find you

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2009 10:06 AM

Exactly, willimartin23! You're absolutely right about love being compared to a butterfly, that you don't have to waste all your energy looking for it because it will come in the most perfect time, in God's time. :)

And so, in the mean time, just relax...enjoy being single, use your time being single by spending it with your family and friends, improving yourself by reading, playing sports, engaging in arts and other productive hobbies, learning new things, etc. There's so much to do and rather than wasting time feeling sorry for oneself because he/she is still single and having so many sleepless nights because of barhopping/clubbing, hoping to find "The One"...because I think, (no offense meant) that these bars/clubs aren't the best place to find "The One", or if it is, I think there's only a slight probability that you will find him/her there.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:16 AM

1 Corinthians: 7:8-9 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn�

Paul tells us that it's better for us to stay single if we can, but for most it's not an option because of the overwhelming desires of the human body. He also tells us in other scripture that the married life will be harder than the single life and that it's harder to do the work of God as a married person.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:27 PM

jnykash4 ,

I think it is "The Opposite" "I think we were never created just to be "Single For Our God" Being Single has many purposes but it not just being like "A Mother Teresa" and giving your whole self up..."Life is created for us to do many things for "Christ Service" "Being Single is just a way to reach other to others in many different ways but I think "The Lord only made "Certain People Single" but that is not our fully calling for why did he make Adam&Eve Then jnykash4 ,???? It not just a phyiscial intimicay thing it is that it is so much deeper and so much required of oneself that it takes a special "Christian Man&Christian Women" to give up their singleness and minister and love with their whole heart...I think Paul wasn't saying if you burn with "Lust" then Marry I think Paul was also saying if you can handle it in alll areas of "The Relationshipss then Marry If Not Then Just Stay Single"...I would have to read The Passage Again if that is said but weather that scripture implies that or not.. jnykash4 ,I would rather be "Married" then be "Single and try to make others happy and just live for "The Church" and that all...You can Live For "The Church" and for Others and Jesus And Your Husband And Kids At The Same Time" It Called "Grace"..."You just have to know how to respond To Life and show "Jesus Love To Everyone" "That is why we are Here...jnykash4 ,It just depends whats in your heart and what you want to do with your life...

~Blessings~:applause:

~Lynda~:peace::angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:37 PM

jnykash4 ,

I think it is "The Opposite" "I think we were never created just to be "Single For Our God" Being Single has many purposes but it not just being like "A Mother Teresa" and giving your whole self up..."Life is created for us to do many things for "Christ Service" "Being Single is just a way to reach others to in many different ways but I think "The Lord only made "Certain People Single" but that is not our fully calling for why did he make Adam&Eve Then jnykash4 ,???? It not just a phyiscial intimicay thing it is that it is so much deeper and so much required of oneself that it takes a special "Christian Man&Christian Women" to give up their singleness and minister and love with their whole heart...I think Paul wasn't saying if you burn with "Lust" then Marry I think Paul was also saying if you can handle it in alll areas of "The Relationshipss then Marry If Not Then Just Stay Single"...I would have to read The Passage Again if that is said but weather that scripture implies that or not.. jnykash4 ,I would rather be "Married" then be "Single and try to make others happy and just live for "The Church" and that all...You can Live For "The Church" and for Others and Jesus And Your Husband And Kids At The Same Time" It Called "Grace"..."You just have to know how to respond To Life and show "Jesus Love To Everyone" "That is why we are Here...jnykash4 ,It just depends whats in your heart and what you want to do with your life...

~Blessings~:applause:

~Lynda~ :peace::angel:

j_van

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 05:59 PM

I agree with Lynda on the issue of singleness. After so long, it sucks! I have seen nowhere in scripture that we are supposed to wait for God to "bring" us a mate. Don't even try to use one of the many 'those who wait on the Lord" verses. That has nothing to do with this. God gave us free will, and a brain.Oh, and the desire to have a mate. That was His design, not some fallen, fleshly invention. We hear this idea or cliche repeated so much, that it gets confused with the truth. And it is useless to try and use the Apostle Paul as an example of this. I'm not Paul, and niether are any of you. I fact, I doubt that there are many apostles reading this at all. And even if, who says one would have to be single? Singleness is over-rated, and myself and the majority of free thinking people will not be content to go on with out. I'm not saying we should just flipantly enter into marraige, or marry unbelievers. It should not be done out of sheer desaration. I think I'll let this go here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 07:30 PM

I see singleness as a temporary state. God knows the plans he has for me and is illuminating one step at a time. I know the ultimate goal, and my next step, but He knows the rest of the steps and how I will ultimately be used.

my life verse is Jeremiah 29:11 which states "I know the plans i have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future"

so marriage/dating is not in His plan for me at this step. He is not out to hurt you. so this is not His plan for you right now. Spend your time seeking your First Love.

Seek Him, cultivate friendships, step out of your comfort zone and try something new. I bought a promising book called "The King and I" by Nancy Wilson about gaining a more intimate relationship with Christ, your bridegroom and king. it might be worth a read for you...

Page : 1 2