Author Thread: You watched a movie "The tenth kingdom"?
Admin

You watched a movie "The tenth kingdom"?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2011 06:34 AM

You watched a movie "The tenth kingdom"? It's one of my favourite movies. I have revised this movie already several times and with no less delight than in first time.

I am a very grateful all creators this movie. I want to tell them, �Guys! You made an amazing and real fairy-story. It is just a feat in our time. The tales, the skills compose tales, are a pledge of future people, I think. And in our time with this skill is enough hard. I mean the authors rarely succeed even save their heroes alive, about one of basic rules of any fairy-story, �They live long and happy" even speech of not attending. For example, recall, what an author made with the poor Harry Potter? No future, just all must die.

"The tenth kingdom" is modern, but a genuine fairy-tale. The modern story because it is the bloody story: many people ruined irrevocably. I can not to watch, when the Hunter is killing whole Gipsy camp. And this is against the rules of fairy-tales. The modern story because the vast majority of people are wicked and petty hypocrites in this tale. Grandfather kills his own granddaughter at the lovely with first sight village. People in the Town of the Kisses have driven out the person in misfortune � Anthony. Nobody sympathizes to him. Nobody gives for him advice, how to get rid of the seven years bad luck. And this is against the rules of fairy-tales again. The modern story because all the characters of this fairy-tale are literate � they able to read on English. Even trolls, who are not very quick-witted creatures. It is very funny. And for me was even enviably because I can not boast with the ability to read and write well on English good enough. I really enjoy the scene where Virginia, Anthony, Wolf and Prince Vendel (in body of a dog) are riding by cart and are reading the books together. It is the very funny and positive moment, and one of my favourite. There is the especially humoristic scene, where Wolf accidentally gets an appointment with a therapist. I fell with my couch from laugh, when I was watching this scene. This scene says, we live in so crazy world that even the creatures from a tale look like the normal people.

The genuine story because here as it should be in the fairy-tale love has won over death. My heart stops, when I see how Wolf runs to rescue Virginia and Anthony in a last moment, when they are perishing at the mushrooms island.

I like to watch most of all from the whole movie just one scene. There is scene, where Virginia with his father goes through a deadly swamp and got to the mushroom island. Both treat very friendly, patiently and sincerely to each other in this moment. At last they do not argue one with another, and together violate all rules about which the elves warned their before: do not drink the swamp water, no sleep. I was delighting especially with the scene, where the swamp mushrooms speak with Anthony, where the mushrooms are singing back-vocal, when Anthony and Virginia are falling asleep. This is such tragic and funny moment at same time.

The dwarf by nickname "Acorn" this is also a very magic and real character simultaneously. Take the moment, when he swims on a boat and he is looking in a mirror. He tries to turn his face such side that do not be seen his ugly scar. It means each person wants to be a little more attractive. It is a very good petty detail, like many others in this movie. They make fairy-tale characters a very alive and real.

I can not cover all. Just watch, I sure, that you will like this movie. "The tenth kingdom" may watch together a whole family, because there is no even one dirty and vulgar thing.

And another main thing is about this movie. It is an amazing music. Thank you very much the composer Anne Dudley.

If you want now to watch this movie in this case I no vainly tried to translate on the English language my impression from this movie. It was quite difficult for me. I hope that in a result I will find the friends, who share my admiration about this movie.

Sincerely

Natasha

bookwatcher

View Profile
History
You watched a movie "The tenth kingdom"?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2012 11:57 PM

loved this movie. i actually have it on vhs still. a classic for fantasy romance