Author Thread: Share your experiences
lovinglife25

View Profile
History
Share your experiences
Posted : 28 Jan, 2009 10:19 AM

Hey!

I just wanted to start a new thread for any enlisted soldiers or officers in the Armed Forces that wanted to discuss how to continue being a faithful Christian while serving in the military.

A little background on me: I enlisted at the age of 17 and was deployed to Iraq at the age of 19. While I was in the Army I lost my walk with God and made many poor decisions.

I got accepted to the Prep School for West Point in '04 and will graduate from West Point this year. I branched Armor and plan of attending Ranger school once I am done with BOLC III. One of my main goals as an officer is to help soldiers become better rounded individuals and strengthen their relationship with God.

My sister is recently enlisted as MI and is currently in AIT. She is struggling with the same issues I dealt with: Alchohol, pre-marital sex and of course smoking.

I am happy to say I no longer indulge in those three vices, but I just wanted to open up a thread for anyone who is and would like to discuss it. Or anyone who has advice for how to stay faithful to God while serving in the Army.

Thanks for reading this :)

~ Julio