Author Thread
lovinglife25

View Profile
My sister
Posted : 2 May, 2009 12:00 AM

Hola,

My sister just graduated AIT last week and is now stationed in Hawaii. I am very proud of her and the solid choices she has made at such a young age! I love her!

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
online dating
Posted : 1 May, 2009 11:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I was just curious: If a girl looks at your profile, but doesn't wink or anything, how do you know if she wants you to wink, etc.?

Thanks!

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
What are Christian men looking for?
Posted : 1 May, 2009 11:16 PM

Hey,

Great question. I'm looking for a woman who lives like she means it, loves like it will last forever and laughs at everything in between. Life is too short to get caught up in specifics. I understand this is a Christian dating website so maybe more is expected in terms of spiritual beliefs, but honestly the fact that you are looking for a Christian man proves to me that you have the qualties of a Christian woman or at least understand the importance of Christ's love in a relationship.

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
What do you guys think about girls that read?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 09:22 PM

Hey,

I think reading is awesome! I also think that a women who reads are awesome! The only thing I don't do is read a book before I see the movie. Seems to me they can't make a movie as good as my imagination! Although, Lord of the Rings was pretty darn good (the movie, book was amazing)

Also, I have to disagree a little with the previous posts. I read a lot of books that most Christians do not. Such as, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (staunch athiest). It REALLY forced me to review what I believed in and why. In the end, I became a stronger Christian and I really believe that God wants us to test our beliefs. It is sort of like Pascal's Wager (read about in the book): If you are believing just to believe are you truly a believer? You 'believe' because it is beats going to hell. Of course you don't need to read books to test your beliefs. We are tested every day, but it also helps me relate to non-believers and understand (although not agree) with what they believe and gives me an advantange to introducing God to theml comes in handy on missions!

However, that being said, the last couple posts are concerned with witchcraft. I don't read books like that although. The closest was "The Serpent and the Rainbow" which studied 'vodoo' and Haiti. Very informative and cleared up a couple common misunderstood words such as vodoo. I didn't believe everything I read and I definetly didn't want to practice magic after reading it, but it was great to see how other religions believe in 'spirits' etc.

Wow, long post. Sorry, I'm just not tired tonight and non of my friend are on AIM, so I'm bored lol.

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
Is it possible to 'lose' your soul?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 08:51 PM

Hey,

Okay, so banking off of my previous post, I have another question that I need enlightenment on! So, I know there are people who say that they will 'buy' your soul. I don't personally know anyone who did this and I only know about it because I watched PeeWee's Playhouse when I was like 12.

Anyways, I was wondering, is it possible to lose your soul? I know your soul can 'hurt' if you are making bad choices and ignoring God, but I was wondering if it is possible to completely lose it.

lovinglife25

View Profile
tarot cards...good or bad?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 08:47 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the responses. I sort of figured it was wrong, but didn't really have any backing for that belief.

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
tarot cards...good or bad?
Posted : 22 Mar, 2009 06:38 PM

Hey,

So, over my Spring Break, my friends and I were goofing around and 1 of them suggested we get our tarot cards read. I was wondering if this is a Christian thing to do or not. In addition, why or why not. Thanks!

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
What Quality Do You First Seek In A Woman?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 11:12 PM

I know this may sound lame, but it is the truth so I'm going to throw it out there: The first quality I seek in a woman is the ability to make me a better man.

I want a woman who allows me to lead the relationship, but will step in and correct me when I'm messing up. I want to wake up every morning, roll over and thank God for delivering an Angel to me. I should be so in love with her that she pushes me in both my Christianity and my personal goals.

If she has that quality than she will have the other qualities I find attractive in a woman.

Just my two cents. Goodnight!

~ Robbie

lovinglife25

View Profile
Would you date someone if they were going into the military?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 11:03 PM

Hey,

I just posted on your last thread and i was about to go to bed when this caught my eye!

If you read my previous post you know I have some experience in answering this question. Yes, I would date a woman in the military. Some of my best friends (both in the military) are getting married this summer. It works great because you don't have to explain things like: deployements, field training, early formations, MRE's etc. They understand what you are going through because they are going through it also! Not only do they understand, but they are able to help out when tough situations come up! Not to say civilian spouses cannot. It just seems military spouses have a unique understanding that only comes from being in the military.

As far as civilian men dating a woman in the militray, I can't say much. From what I've noticed the woman doesn't want to date a civilian guy! My sister is in the military and she is dating a guy in the military. She stopped dating civilian guys after boot camp because she says they wouldn't be able to keep up with her! My sister is a bit competitive (understatement) and is VERY independent so don't take this for gospel! Although, I know only 1 girl at West Point that dates a civilian guy. Girls may date guys in the militray out of convenience or by preference. Either way you won't have trouble finding a boyfriend in the Navy. Now meeting a Christian boyfriend is different story....

lovinglife25

View Profile
How do guys feel about dating older women?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 10:54 PM

Great Post!

I do not mind older woman at all! I have no idea who God has in store for me and if she happens to be 5 years older than me obviously I will be fine with it!

At this stage in my life I would actually prefer an older woman. The reason being is that I have had a lot of life experience in my short 25 years of life. I enlisted in the Armyat age 17 and served (to include one comab tour) for four years. I've been at West Point for the past 4 years and I have been surrounded by women younger or at best my age. I have found that while they are sweet and nice they do not hold my attention for very long.

I'm about to graduate in May and head back into the military which has a unique lifestyle and demands a TON from the spouse of a soldier. I feel an older woman would be able to adjust and stay strong while I am in the field or at war.

Of course going back to my original point, it is up to God. If he finds a wife for me that is younger or older than me I'm okay with it :)

~ Robbie

Page : 1 2 3 4