Author Thread: The Elect of YHWH
Admin

The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:17 AM

Hello everyone:

Election,This is a hot topic on this forum,Yet there does not seem to be much Biblical teaching on this subject.

Yet there has been a lot of 'Finger Pointing' going on,along with an extereme amount of Name calling,and emoticon posting.

YHWHs 'ELECTION-CHOOSING' anyone unto Eternal life is based soley upon YHWH being Omnipotent-Omniscient-Omnipresent.

It is the Omniscience of YHWH which man is Elected,or Chosen.

It is by YHWHs GRACE that 'ANYONE', has been or will ever be ELECTED-CHOSEN unto Salvation.

If we 'DENY' YHWH His will to Choose out from this life,His Elect,His way;

Then we Deny Him to being the Sovereign of all of His Creation.

We also Deny Him to being Omniscient,knowing Beginning to ending.

If YHWH where to leave this all to important task to man and his so-called free wil,then each and every single person born,whether men or women,they would all perish.

For we 'ALL',each and every single person would CHOOSE SIN,not Yeshua.

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Everyone practicing sin is a slave of sin.

For by himself, man is completely 'INCAPABLE' of CHOOSING to trust Yeshua to save them from the wrath of YHWH against their sin(s).

For without Yeshua 'GIVING' man the life of YHWH;

Man is a spiritual 'CORPSE',completely incapable of anything of YHWH.

Joh_10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I wil be posting the KJV,Literal Translation,and Youngs Literal Translation.

I will post KJV with Strongs numbers.

I will post some Old Covenant Scriptures along with some New Covenant Scriptures which pertain to the Elect of YHWH.

I will also post the defintions of both the Old Covenant Hebrew word(s) for 'Elect"

And the New Covenant Greek word(s) for 'Elect'

Then each of you can make up your own mind as to what you will believe about this matter.

English-Elect

Hebrew-bâchı̂yr

H972

בּחיר

bâchı̂yr

BDB Definition:

1) chosen, choice one, chosen one, elect (of God)

Part of Speech: noun masculine

A Related Word by BDB/Strong�s Number: from H977

H977

בּחר

bâchar

baw-khar'

A primitive root; properly to try, that is, (by implication) select: - acceptable, appoint, choose (choice), excellent, join, be rather, require.

The English word elect appears (4) times in the Book of Isaiah.

Isa_42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isa_45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Isa_65:9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

Isa_65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

This same word 'Elect' is also the word 'Chosen' in English.

Here a few Scriptures which pertain to the Hebrew word bâchı̂yr,which is interpreted 'Elect'

1Ch 16:13 O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

Psa 89:3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

Psa 105:6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Psa 105:43 And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:

Isa 43:20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

Isa 43:21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

Now for the New Covenant!

There are (4) words Elect-Elected-Election- and Elect's

Of these four words three have the same definition:

Elect-Election and Elect's

English-Elect-Election-Elect's

Greek-eklektos

G1588

ἐκλεκτός

eklektos

Thayer Definition:

1) picked out, chosen

1a) chosen by God

1a1) to obtain salvation through Christ

1a1a) Christians are called �chosen or elect� of God

1a2) the Messiah in called �elect�, as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable

1a3) choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians

Part of Speech: adjective

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: from G1586

G1586

ἐκλέγομαι

eklegomai

Thayer Definition:

1) to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one�s self

1a) choosing one out of many, i.e. Jesus choosing his disciples

1b) choosing one for an office

1c) of God choosing whom he judged fit to receive his favours and separated from the rest of mankind to be peculiarly his own and to be attended continually by his gracious oversight

1c1) i.e. the Israelites

1d) of God the Father choosing Christians, as those whom he set apart from the irreligious multitude as dear unto himself, and whom he has rendered, through faith in Christ, citizens in the Messianic kingdom: (Jam_2:5) so that the ground of the choice lies in Christ and his merits only

Part of Speech: verb

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: middle voice from G1537 and G3004 (in its primary sense)

The English word 'Elect' is found in the KJV within the following Scriptures.

Matthew 3 verses found 3 matches

Mark 3 verses found 3 matches

Luke 1 verse found 1 match

Romans 1 verse found 1 match

Colossians 1 verse found 1 match

1 Timothy 1 verse found 1 match

2 Timothy 1 verse found 1 match

Titus 1 verse found 1 match

1 Peter 2 verses found 2 matches

2 John 2 verses found 2 matches

Mat_24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mat_24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mar_13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Mar_13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Mar_13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Luk_18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rom_8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Col_3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

1Ti_5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

2Ti_2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1Pe_2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

2Jn_1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;

2Jn_1:13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

Election:

Rom_9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Rom_11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Rom_11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Rom_11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

1Th_1:4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

2Pe_1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Elected:

English-Elected

Greek-suneklektos

G4899

συνεκλεκτός

suneklektos

Thayer Definition:

1) elected or chosen (by God to eternal life) together with

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: from a compound of G4862 and G1586

KJV:

1Pe 5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Literal Translation:

1Pe 5:13 The fellow-elected in Babylon greet you; also Mark my son.

Young Literal Translation:

1Pe 5:13 Salute you doth the assembly in Babylon jointly elected, and Markus my son.

Now This might be a 'TREMENDOUS' surprize to a lot of those on this site,so please hold onto Yeshua,or rather let Him hold onto you.

The English word 'CHOSEN' is the same word in Greek for the English word 'ELECT'.

English - 'CHOSEN'

Greek-'eklektos'

G1588

ἐκλεκτός

eklektos

Thayer Definition:

1) picked out, chosen

1a) chosen by God

1a1) to obtain salvation through Christ

1a1a) Christians are called �chosen or elect� of God

1a2) the Messiah in called �elect�, as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable

1a3) choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: from G1586

Related Scriptures:

Mat_20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Mat_22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Mar_13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Luk_10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Luk_23:35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

Joh_6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Joh_13:18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Act_1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Act_1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Act_9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act_15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Act_15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Rom_16:13 Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.

1Co_1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co_1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Eph_1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Jas_2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

1Pe_2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

1Pe_2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Rev_17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and

Now let YHWH be true and EVERY MAN a LIAR!!!!!

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Shalom and Chesed

The truck driver

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:32 AM

George your attempt is the norm of what is normally posted it is of the sin of pride, blossomed unto unbelief denying the father, denying his faith released by love for mankind.

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:36 AM

What an excellent post in a world filled with heresies and hypocrites.

There is ONLY One true chosen of God, and it is not through the Cauvinitsts, the Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, or any other corporatist, which are in reality the "antichrists" of the Word of God..

The end of time is coming, and as we get closer, the Lord is making it more obvious every second who His elect are, and as we approach that appointed time when the world will no longer be able to even aright itself, as planned.

There is death coming to America and the World, as the corporatists try to take the world, making what appear to be wise desicions in their minds, leading to the destruction of the Whole World.

Armageddon is nearing, and if you are of the elect, this is the greatest moment in time!

Good post Brother!

awm

dljrn04

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:38 AM

Amen George, Praise God for he is a Mighty God.

:yay:

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:46 AM

George here is the truth the lord knew your unbelief befre you posted and then those that believe also know of your unbelief and any and all should know that agree with your post are in unbelief denying faith, all are quilty.

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:56 AM

I do not understand why this forum board is so messed up.

There are two Hebrew words which i had copied and posted,which were in the original before i had actually posted.

Yet when i posted the two Hebrew words did not appear properly.

This has happened more then once..

Here are the definitions of the two Hebrew words for the English word 'ELECT'

H972

בּחיר

bâchı̂yr

BDB Definition:

1) chosen, choice one, chosen one, elect (of God)

Part of Speech: noun masculine

A Related Word by BDB/Strong�s Number: from H977

Same Word by TWOT Number: 231c

H977

בּחר

bâchar

BDB Definition:

1) to choose, elect, decide for

1a) (Qal) to choose

1b) (Niphal) to be chosen

1c) (Pual) to be chosen, selected

A Related Word by BDB/Strong�s Number: a primitive root

Same Word by TWOT Number: 231

Talk about aggrevation.

Shalom

Me

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 09:08 AM

Well gerge whether you no it or not your faith is in orginal language, not in the God of word's,

Wjhatever is not of faith is Sin, that is a fact.

So you and all have to agree with Faith.

He that calleth things that be not as though they are, calls all elect, anything less than that is unbelief.

The problem is this Topic you hate Faith.

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 09:08 AM

@PEEjay and PEEjay alone!

Answer this question,and PLEASE have the Scriptures to back up your claims..

For i do not want any of your babble.

No ridiculous Health and wealth nonsense answers.

No one line mumbo jumbo.

Do not try putting this back into my lap by trying to evade the question i ask of you.

Are you of the 'ELECT / CHOSEN' of YHWH,unto eternal life in Yeshua.

1Jn_5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jn_5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

By YHWH

By His Grace

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Or do you believe that 'YOU HAVE CHOSEN' to be saved by your so-called 'OWN FREE WILL'..

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

By the way the Greek word for the English word in this Scripture is,'YES' you have guessed correctly.

It is the same Greek word for the English word 'ELECT'

G1586

ἐκλέγομαι

eklegomai

Thayer Definition:

1) to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one�s self

1a) choosing one out of many, i.e. Jesus choosing his disciples

1b) choosing one for an office

1c) of God choosing whom he judged fit to receive his favours and separated from the rest of mankind to be peculiarly his own and to be attended continually by his gracious oversight

1c1) i.e. the Israelites

1d) of God the Father choosing Christians, as those whom he set apart from the irreligious multitude as dear unto himself, and whom he has rendered, through faith in Christ, citizens in the Messianic kingdom: (Jam_2:5) so that the ground of the choice lies in Christ and his merits only

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: middle voice from G1537 and G3004 (in its primary sense)

Now the ball is in your court PEEjay.

Tell me what do you 'BELIEVE'

Shalom

Me

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 09:12 AM

Jesus, to me he is all

To you he is babble.

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 01:16 PM

wake up people

elect of God

Israel was called this ( Deut. 4:37) and so is the Christian community ( I Peter2:9). Divine election is a constant theme in Paul's letters (Eph. 4:1), but the Bible never teaches that it dulls human responsibility. On the contrary, as this verse shows, it is precisely because the Christian has been elected to eternal salvation that he must put forth every effort to live the godly life. For Paul, divine sovereighnty and human responsiblity go hand in hand.

Who are the elect-

"True Believers in Christ; Faith in Jesus alone.:glow:

:angel:

View Profile
History
The Elect of YHWH
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 02:02 PM

@angel:

Please just stick with the topic;'ELECTION'

Everything else will be dealt with later.

Shalom

Me

Page : 1 2 3