Author Thread: About to graduate and ready to serve!
lovinglife25

View Profile
History
About to graduate and ready to serve!
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 04:56 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm Julio, or as my friends from Minnesota call me, Robbie. I'm 25 years old and I'm about to graduate from West Point this May! I'm pretty excited! When I graduate I will be an Army Officer. I branched (my job) Armor which means I will be in charge of a tank!

Tonight I find out my post (where I'm going to be living). I'm hoping to get Ft. Hood which is in TX. Pray for me!

I love to travel and have been to 8 different countries and almost every state in America. I'm going to Germany this summer for a bit of recreational travel and I'm going to Guatemala for a mission trip.

Few t.v shows that I like: LOST, The Office, Heroes, and King of Queens, and Samantha Who.

fav. outdoor activities: jetskiing, wakeboarding, fishing, snowmobiling, pick-up sports, and bonfires!

I can't have enough friends as everyone's story is unique and interesting to me so feel free to browse my profile and get in contact :0

~ Julio

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 11:22 AM

CONGRATS! JULIO!... I wish you the best in your military service and duties for our country. I'm very proud of you. And May the hand of God Himself be with you in your journey wherever you are taken to serve.

You will like Ft. Hood TX. Its a nice base, as long as you keep yourself free of problmes in the surrounding town of Killeen, etc. I live only about 30 mins. from Ft Hood... Lots of military go over to Austin TX for fun, there are many activites such as concerts, city picnics with bands, lots of boating, etc., going on there in the parks and on the beaches. Even outside of Ft. Hood over in Belton, which is about a 5min drive, there is the Belton lake for fishing and boating beach, etc.

One thing for sure you will not have to worry about the snow! The cold weather we experience here in TX, compared to where you are in MN, is nothing...:yay:

Back in my days, when I was in the world, Ft. Hood was the bomb! especially, at the NCO and Officer's Club...:party:... but over the years, as to be expected, and the new generation coming in, people, places and things have really changed.

There are a lot of good churches all in the area and on base, of all denominations of mixed congregations and segregated, you will have a choice. This is Bible Belt Country...

May God watch over you during your tour of duty in all things.

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 11:33 AM

Ella,

I didn't realize until right now that you were a Texas gal. No wonder I like you so much! I have an aunt and some cousins that live there in Temple. No wonder you are so willing to throw the truth out there no matter what, we Texans are not very politically correct. God bless, sister.

Love and joy,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 12:02 PM

:yay:... you got that right Leon!... what's our TX motto?... Don't Mess With Texas! if you don't care to hear the truth of the matter.:winksmile:

I viewed your profile and I just noticed myself that you're from Texas. WOW! small world isn't it?

We're in Hook'em Long Horn and Bush Country, whether like us or not:buddies::yay::angel:

ella

lovinglife25

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 07:09 PM

ET,

Thank you for all the great advice and information. Unfortunately, it looks like I will be going to Ft. Polk Louisiana instead! I'm pretty excited though!

~ Julio