Author Thread: What to Christian guys truly think about divorced moms?
Admin

What to Christian guys truly think about divorced moms?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2007 09:55 PM

I want to know what all you christian guys think about why or why not should someone get involved with a woman who is divorced and has a child/ children?

Would you date her? Why or Why not?

Are sites like this a waste of her time?

Please be brutally honest and don't sugar coat your response. If I truly didn't want to know I wouldn't have asked.

fulloflife01

View Profile
History
What to Christian guys truly think about divorced moms?
Posted : 5 Nov, 2012 12:04 PM

I agree that divorced women are not damaged or used up goods. As a matter of fact, we could be considered seasoned saints that may bring more love and appreciation into another relationship that is Christ-Centered. I am a divorced single mother. I don't consider my past a failure, but an opportunity for learning. I am over my ex-husband spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. My reason for divorce is due to his marital unfaithfulness, but I don't harbor any bitterness. One of the steps to healing is forgiveness, in spite of the situation, and doing so allows us to humble ourselves and trust God to see us through because God is in Ultimate control of all things. God has forgiven us much; therefore, we must forgive much.

Jesus says: No divorce, except in the case of adultery. Divorce is justified on the grounds of Adultery. Fornication is a product of adultery, but not the sole justification for divorce. The justification is Adultery, which is marital unfaithfulness. (Matt. 5:31-32)

Therefore, my Sister in Christ, hold your head up high knowing that you are "fearfully and wonderfully made". God is not dead, and He is not through with you...........your best is yet to come! Romans 8:28 states that all things works for the good of those who love him. I believe; that is, in good and seemingly bad things also. You have done a good thing by moving on with your life, and choosing to be a part of the CDFF community. I have met some really quality men on this sight, you can and will too. I am more aware of the type of man I am looking for, and am confident that God is already preparing me for my future soul mate. The difference in this relationship as opposed to my past, is that my relationship will be ordained by God, His match, and centered around Jesus Christ.

Thank you for sharing. This was a very interesting post, and a nice thought provoking question.

God Bless You and Your family!

Page : 1 2 3