Author Thread: Basking in God's love
Admin

Basking in God's love
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 11:21 AM

The love of our Father is such an amazing thing. When I think about Romans 5:8, But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, I remember all those who deny Him, and worship other Gods.

I think about how it must feel to have such a love for someone, and they just continuously slap you in the face, and deny knowing you. So what does He do about it? He shows us how much He loves us by sacrificing the most precious thing He has...His Son.

How can we understand a love like that? We can't, it is just that simple, we can't. I pray, and cry, and beg, and truly desire, to see things through His eyes....to feel with His heart. But in truth, could I survive a heartbreak that intense? I doubt it, so I sit here with tears of gratitude and awe running down my face, as I thank my Father for a love I can't even begin to fathom.

Father, how unsearchable are the depths of Your love for Your rebellious and disobedient children. Though I cannot even imagine a love like that, I accept it, and glorify it. Thank you Father, for the greatest gift the world has ever known...your love, your pure and perfect love.

I am so unworthy of the sweet, precious gifts you keep pouring out over me. I thank you for entrusting them to me. I will do my best to never, ever cause harm or pain to them in any way. I will love and cherish them all the more, knowing they come from You. I take the calling You have placed on my life seriously, knowing that is what You expect, but I cannot do it without You, Father. Guide me as I go about Your business, that I might not cause pain.

In the mighty Name of Jesus, I humbly pray,

Amen

View Profile
History
Basking in God's love
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 12:57 PM

Amen!

I too find myself overwhelmed by God's goodness toward us. I opened my Bible to Psalm 145 which describes how I am feeling today about the greatness of our God.

His love endures forever,

Lydia

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Basking in God's love
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 07:33 PM

Absolutely beautiful Leon...very moving.

God bless you

View Profile
History
Basking in God's love
Posted : 11 Feb, 2009 02:05 PM

Thank you Angel. I was just speaking from the heart. My Father's love is so amazing, I just want to share it with everyone. To me, that is what sets us apart, knowing how much we are loved.

God bless each of you, I pray you all come to know the love of the Father, as well as that of Jesus. Praise God! For He alone is worthy.

Love and thanksgiving,

Leon

P.S. It doesn't hurt yo be in love with a beautiful woman of God, either. It just makes you want to rejoice.

View Profile
History
Basking in God's love
Posted : 11 Feb, 2009 02:07 PM

LOL. Oops, To be in love. Sorry for the typo.