Author Thread: Compliment, not compete
Admin

Compliment, not compete
Posted : 11 Feb, 2009 06:14 PM

After prayerfully considering if the Lord wants you to pursue or be pursued by somebody, and you're both confident that it's God's timing, then you should check for compatibility. No, I don't mean the superficial things like whether or not you both enjoy "long walks on the beach". It's so important to make sure that not only are you two equally yoked, but that you are submitted to God's will for your lives. Christ was and still is the best example of servanthood. God created us not only for worship, but to serve others. In doing so, God has placed specific desires within our hearts to utilize the gifts and talents that He has blessed us with. Make sure that your ministry calling is aligned with your mate's. For instance, if the Lord has called you to pastor a local church full time, He wouldn't pair you up with a woman who is called to foreign soil as a missionary. God is in the business of bringing people together for His Glory to serve Him united as one. Your ministries and goals should compliment one another, not compete. God's mathematics are adding and multiplying, the enemy's math is to subtract and divide.

View Profile
History
Compliment, not compete
Posted : 11 Feb, 2009 06:21 PM

Very good point! The woman God has sent me wants to be involved in my ministry, it was one of the things we discussed already. She is loving and supportive and an amazing woman of God. I could have never picked anyone so perfect myself, but God knew exactly what I needed, and He sent her to me. Thank You Father! But all these things have to fall into place, or it is not of God.

Love and wonder,

Leon

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Compliment, not compete
Posted : 13 Feb, 2009 07:29 AM

Congratulations Leon!

View Profile
History
Compliment, not compete
Posted : 13 Feb, 2009 09:21 AM

Thank you, dear sister. It is an amazing thing, to know God is trusting you with the care of one of His favored daughters. I do not take that lightly. Like grace, it is completely undeserved, and that makes me appreciate it all the more.

Blessings,

Leon