Author Thread: Help me Understand?...
Admin

Help me Understand?...
Posted : 16 Feb, 2009 12:21 PM

Why do some men think ... yea, ASSUMES that just because a woman engages in a conversation with them, and she and he find they have SOME things in common and of interest, and she speaks kind and nice words of encouragment to him, not leading him on or flirting. But she is just nice toward him, and she isn't showing ANY interest in a love relationship with him. :nahnah: ... But for whatever reason, he thinks that because she is nice and kind toward him, this means the woman is interested in a close relationship with him other than friendship. Then he gets all blown out of shape when she tells him, she is only seeking his friendship?

Is it that difficult for a man to have a close freindship relation with a woman without it becoming anything other than a friendship?... in all my days, I still don't understand this, so maybe someone can help me?...

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 08:50 PM

Ella,

Well, I wasn't going to tell you the real reason, But I guess I will go ahead and be honest with you......It's because you are so darned irresistible. They just can't let go. Don't tell me you didn't already suspect this. LOL.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 12:52 AM

It depends, if the guy finds the girl attractive then yes it's very hard to be just friends and not develop feelings for her. If he doesn't find her attractive then it's easy just to be friends and not have feelings other than that.

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 10:53 AM

Arod,

Please don't take offense, I have heard that statement for so long that I am going to address it now. I know this is going to sound like I am going off on you, but really I am going off on this whole idea.

Physical attraction is just another way of saying lust of the flesh. It starts in your mind, when you are thinking about things you have no business thinking about, as a Christian. We DECIDE who we want or don't want. This is 100% of the world, and there is nothing Christian about it. I know because I used to be just like that, and still have to fight it.

We are not let down because we like that person, we are let down by our expectations of what it would be like to be with that person. We have the whole scenario played out in our mind, long before it ever comes to pass. Why do you think that is? It is because we not only give in to that lust, we wallow in it, adore it, and yes, worship it.

S3x is not our God, and it is time for us to stop acting like it, or quit calling ourselves Christians. All that does is make all Christians look bad. It has reached the point that Christians are claiming these are normal feelings.

It starts in our minds, does anybody remember what we are supposed to be thinking about?

Sorry if anyone is offended, but if you are....maybe you should ask yourself why.

Blessings,

Leon

xSoldOut4Himx

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 07:20 PM

Hi Leon,

I must admit I'm a little confused and I don't wish to stray to far off topic, but I hope I can be granted some leeway.

Do you have a mirror where you live and do you use it?

Why did you choose to post your picture on this website?

I read that in one of your prior posts that God has sent you someone, which is awesome.

When you go out on a date with this person God has blessed you with, will you not try to look your best?

Would you say the person you are going out with is both outwardly and inwardly attractive?

Now I'm not really sure I want you to answer any of those questions, however I wanted to provoke some thought. I understand that we live in a society that measures beauty as skin deep. Our society has created standards and expectations that are almost unfathomable to keep up with. Now, I have chosen not to walk through life with my eyes closed, but I also won't allow my eyes to deceive me.

If I stop at sight then I am in the wrong. However, if I get to know her and see where she stands with God then make my decision based off this is this still wrong?

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 07:48 PM

I have been trying to keep up with all these posts, I forgot I had started this thread.:zzzz:

Hey, Leon, don't try to be my friend, I still think Lydia needs you bolt the doors in the basement :yay:

But seriously, ooooppss! I forgot what I had planned to say:ROFL: of course, you know it was something smart,...guess I'lll keep it moving:yay:

Must have had a senior moment or the devil attacked me... :yay::devil::angel::goofball:

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 07:56 PM

This is not what I had planned to say... but I would like to give props to all you gents who are responding not only on this topic, but across the boards.

I enjoy hearing all of you voice your thoughts and opinions. Well, it just does my heart all the good, because I know when ever you do find that special woman of your hearts desires, YOU WILL NOT be saying another word!:applause::yay::excited:

So speak out now, cuz when you get her, you will forever be holing your peace:yay::goofball::peace:

Love all you guys,:hearts::glow:

ella

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 09:03 PM

Sold Out,

I use a mirror to shave so I don't cut myself, I also use it to comb my hair, so I get all the tangles out, does that count?

I posted an old pic with my profile because it makes people more comfortable when talking to you. The first current picture that I sent Lydia was one of me just after waking. Wild hair, unbrushed teeth, red eyes, swollen cheek, everything. It wasn't really taking a chance, I know her priorities match mine.

Yes, she is extremely beautiful, inside and out. However, she would be beautiful to me anyway, because of her heart for God. You can see Christ in her. How could that be anything but beautiful?

I really don't just preach this, I live it. I refuse to give place to Satan. Letting looks play a part in finding a spouse is asking for failure. They NEVER stay the same. But a heart for God? That is beauty that will never fade! And that is what God blessed me with in Lydia.

I do realize that at your age, you think I am nuts. I am just glad that you have such a good grasp of the scriptures. You will, hopefully, make the right decisions. There is nothing wrong with a woman being beautiful on the outside, but that should never be what attracts you to her.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Help me Understand?...
Posted : 23 Feb, 2009 12:46 PM

People can always come out up front and state such in their profile, or in email.. "I'm not trying to lead you on..." Personally I believe this fallen world needs a bit more honesty.. mostly on the intellectual level.

@ OP.. completely understand what you mean, but then there are those who are feeling something and have trouble conveying it.. so the coin does have two sides.

Good open honest communication works wonders.. and when that doesn't work the block feature does.

God bless!

Page : 1 2