Author Thread: Deal breakers
Admin

Deal breakers
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 04:46 PM

Okay guys, it's pay back time. What is the one thing that would cause you to drop a girl, and move on. The one thing you just could not deal with in a relationship, you know, like squeezing the toothpaste in the middle. LOL.

Try to be specific.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 12:55 AM

Well for me it was not enough affection. My x complained that I was to affectionate all the time.

I do feel that long hair on the shower wall bugs me very very much.

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 12:58 AM

bad communicator

doesn't like any sports

bad hygiene

annoying sounding voice

to independant

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 01:04 AM

LOL. I can already tell, I need to revise my list. This is getting good.

Blessings,

Leon

norman8487

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 02:05 PM

Well, here is a list of what would be my deal-breakers:

1. If I suspect that she really does not truly have a right relationship with God even though she would claim that she does.

2. She would be too judgmental and/or too critical at my expense.

3. lack of affection

I do want to appreciate the ladies on the other part of the forum of what they have mentioned as far as what there "deal breakers" would be even though I do not date very much, it has given me some good insight of what godly women are looking for.

Thank you, ladies:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 04:29 PM

Come on Norman, no kissing up. LOL. Just kidding. Good answers.

Blessings,

Leon

Juvie

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 06:06 PM

Egads! Long hairs on the shower wall!!!! :ROFL:

I'm not really making fun...we all have our pet peeves, and some of them probably sound quite odd to others. Like mine for example. I cannot stand Styrofoam! It is squeaky and gives me chills up my spine like fingernails on a chalkboard. It creeps me out! And this transfers over to puffed wheat/rice cereal type stuff as well, cause it "squeeks" when you chew it! (does NOT include Rice Krispies, however). I also hate using cardboard boxes for storage and storing things under the bed. It encourages spiders to hide out under there, and THAT creeps me out, too.

Here I go again with too much info. and this is a MEN"S thread. Oy Vey!

Well, I can't help it. I thought that one was funny, 'cause I have long hair ~ but I do clean up after myself, lol!

Blessings! :0) Juvie

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 06:51 PM

Welcome to the forums Juvie. It doesn't seem to matter where we post, everyone answers everywhere. LOL. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.

Blessings,

Leon

TonySlick

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 08:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome Ella! Haha yeah I can see that there is defiantly some lack in the forums. I'm sure it'll grow as time goes on.

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 11:40 PM

Leon,

Why do you have #5 up there? Sex is only for marriage, and marriage is not to be considered for moving on unless you desire to do something God hates. What God brings together, let no man separate.

If you are talking about dating, #5 should not be there, no?

I have a list of many things but I will only speak from experience:

*Doesn't delight in the idea of as many children as God gives.

*Desires career/anything else over motherhood if God gives children.

*Over time, superficiality is revealed such as "If you lost a leg, I might break up with you before marriage" (my ex-fiancee said this).

*Does not have a submissive spirit.

*Does not love God's word or is not pliable to conforming to it.

*Not teachable.

things like lying or "cheating", whatever that means, should go without saying.

David

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 04:26 AM

David,

That is a good question. I guess it was one of those things I have experienced in the past, unfortunately it is usually accompanied by worse behaviors as well, like adultery. It is one thing some women use to try to take control of the marriage and make the man submit to their will. But you are right, it should not have been included here.

Thanks,

Leon

Page : 1 2 3