Author Thread: Deal breakers
Admin

Deal breakers
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 04:46 PM

Okay guys, it's pay back time. What is the one thing that would cause you to drop a girl, and move on. The one thing you just could not deal with in a relationship, you know, like squeezing the toothpaste in the middle. LOL.

Try to be specific.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 09:58 AM

OOOOWEEEE, you mean to say we ladies missed #5?... David, you are just tooo observant and smart.

Leon, shame on you...I'm praying for you. I think Lydia needs to keep you in the basement a lit-tle bit longer, til you come to your senses...you need to go down to the altar and stay there until you hear a word.... geeezzz...:prayingf: LOL

Welcome Juvie, glad you joined us. I think this is a great discussion. Keep speaking our Norman, you're doing good....LOL!

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 05:42 PM

I can't deal with a woman if she is a complete idiot. I don't care if she is a true believer and looks like a model, no common sense and no brain - shes gone. Another thing that bothers me is super neat freaks, oh you just got a tiny bit of dirt on the floor and you need to vacuum it up, run away and don't look back!

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 06:22 PM

SavedRU - that's a good answer too.

Pretty blunt - but definitely honest.

Brando

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 02:28 PM

what about an annoying laugh?

naw, I could get around just about anything as long as she was a good girl!

diamondintheruff

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 04:52 AM

Its funny Leon, I could post the list about men!:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 13 Dec, 2009 11:05 AM

One woman's profile was hilarious. Instead of what are you looking for, she posted a 7 point list of disqualifications.

When I look at a profile there are several things that are PRE-deal breakers.

Like: 6 glamor poses, with sequins and hair all done up. Here is a woman who is entirely insecure about her appearance.

or only picture is in sunglasses. I need to see the eyes.

Or several leggy poses, or bear middle, or low neck. Click, on to the next. What was she offering? What is she concerned about. She will be asking those dumb questions like: Does this outfit make me look fat? PUHLEEZE.

Picture with a Fancy house, fancy car. She is proclaiming: "I am high maintenance", same with lots of jewelry.

Or what about a woman who want a "first date" to be romantic, candle-lit dinner. HUH? first date? Pipe dream unrealistic expectations. You will never be able to measure up to her Hollywood inspired ideal.

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 13 Dec, 2009 12:44 PM

Deal breakers:

> A contact who suddenly decides to use sexual innuendo's as some sort of connection, thinking somehow that I didn't "get" the overtone. I did. Blocked.

[Just as an aside: Perhaps showing a photo of a home...is because it IS home. A person who lives in a lovely home shouldn't be considered "high maintenance" BECAUSE she lives in a home that appears to be lovely. How judgemental is that....]

> Men who write a profile with the expectation that the woman make the first move.

> Or..a man who finds joy in relating how many women are in contact...with him. Bravo. I applaud your ego...may it bring you happiness forever.

> Men who somehow think or believe that a posted photo of a woman with glitz and glamor [means] she is also high-maintenance ~ what's with that? Some of the photo's are lovely; others leave something to be desired. Personal preferences. I saw a photo of some guy with his tongue sticking out, an horrible look on his face, crossing his arms and with steel blades or something coming out his fingers...like something out of a horror movie. Spookie, at least. Yeah...like I am gonna' respond to that. Wonder what HE was advertising. I didn't stop to find out.

What irks me is someone who tries to contact me WITHOUT A PHOTO...or expects me to reply when I specifically state that I won't be doing that.

I actually met someone from here on this site. Traveled to meet him. I could have actually fallen for him; however, his lifestyle for me would have been impossible. He was not a very happy person and I would have had to leave celebrations of Christmas behind me. Trusting himself to be a Christian ~ he didn't even offer grace when we ate together, nor make an attempt. He was a gossipy person; I found that to be more than Un-Christian behavior.

> Honesty. That really bothers me with men on this board. It seems to be far and few between.

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 13 Dec, 2009 04:52 PM

Responding to a kind correction from previous post:

"Just as an aside: Perhaps showing a photo of a home...is because it IS home. A person who lives in a lovely home shouldn't be considered "high maintenance" BECAUSE she lives in a home that appears to be lovely. How judgemental is that....]

Of course it is a fault of me, a man, to be intimidated by a woman who owns a big huge fancy home. My experience says that women of substantial means can never lower themselves to appreciate a man who is poor, no matter how great his kindness, integrity, love of family, sacrificial lifestyle, passion for the lost, and love of truth.

This poor man feels like he would be wasting his time. I don't want a bigger house, just a home. Let me travel to China and live in a one room apartment and teach the word. Let me wear a polo shirt and khakis and teach in America.

The nice home in the photo may not even be hers! She may have lost it in the divorce, or it may be a friend's house, or a vacation condo, but this is a big wall of intimidation to me. I am not sure I am being judgmental, just FEARFUL. I probably ought to get over it.

View Profile
History
Deal breakers
Posted : 13 Dec, 2009 05:05 PM

Please get over it!!

You are to be commended for your wanting to live in a one room apartment somewhere..perhaps in China or wherever.

I think the main thing here might be in how you look at things.

Me thinks you see the glass half empty rather than half full.

Perhaps the home is actually hers..she chose it because she could; perhaps she bought it because she could...that doesn't make her selfish or unthinking...nor does it make her hoity-toity...she just might be a very kind and generous person.

God desires us to be prosperous...joyful..happy Christians. We can be an example ~ but it does not say that to be so means we must do so from a mud-hut.

There is no price or amount that can be placed on a kind and considerate heart. There are those who are jealous/envious/mean who live in fabulous homes...the same as there are those who also live in ... a cave.

Suffice it to say that perhaps getting to know someone first might put those fears to rest.

Might'nt'it?

God Bless...us, every one!!

Page : 1 2 3