Author Thread: West: too good to be true?
Admin

West: too good to be true?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 08:11 PM

Hi everyone, I decided to raise this issue because I came across and heard from friends,asians the way how the westerners especially men thinks too good of themselves. Why do they seem to forget 'NOT just westerners but the whole human race is created in the image of God?' And we as christians, aren't we supposed to be anti-discrimination?

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2012 07:44 PM

Shine... You are right. I didnt even have any idea of this site until a friend told me and she never told me the details. I signed up out of curiosity at first,and now I enjoy the friendship of a couple of nice devout christians. Thats it!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2012 10:01 AM

@ TrueAisha

I appreciate what you wrote.

(Hi everyone, I decided to raise this issue because I came across and heard from friends,asians the way how the westerners especially men thinks too good of themselves. Why do they seem to forget 'NOT just westerners but the whole human race is created in the image of God?' And we as christians, aren't we supposed to be anti-discrimination?)

If you would not discriminate against my age I would appreciate chatting with you but your profile and age restrictions prevents me from doing so.......LOL

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2012 12:35 PM

Lol LetThis...I have removed the age bar:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2012 07:25 AM

Speaking of discrimination? It happens everywhere not only on here. It happens all the time and the funnies bit is that there are various ways one(including Christians) can discriminate- consciously or unconsciously ...For example the fact that you had put an age limit on your profile means that you had denied other people above your age limit to contact you..lol.

All i can say is that, such is life!

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2012 03:29 AM

Hmmm @SHAMAH. I would definitely not call it discrimination if I didnt want to date men who are old enough to be my DAD.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2012 08:21 AM

Discrimination takes many forms for example It can be positive or negative, direct or indirect...

Really? a 34,35,36 or even 40 year old guy is Old enough to be your DAD?..lol (may be if your dad married at the age of 10-14) Anyways,I was only saying that; Just as you prefer men around that age range , western guys too have their own preference. This happens all the time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2012 09:47 AM

uh uh! @shamah... Well, my Dad is 50 but still someone who is close enough to his age would be considered too old for me. 10 years is ok but no not more than that. Old enough to be my DAD wasnt supposed to be literally taken.lol. All I meant is the HUGE age gap. e.g. My uncles are just 38 and if my husband was to be oldert than him it would be awkward. Also Discrimination by colour,race,etc can't be compared with age bar which is valid.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 12:57 AM

Then i guess the whole thing is 'preference' not 'discrimination'.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM

Lol Girl. I like your spirit Shamah. You are right some have preference and thats perfectly fine.but some are real discriminatory by stating in their profile top in BOLD "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS PLEASE" .

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 09:38 AM

LOL

I have also come across such profiles and interestingly, the people who have written such things are 'genuine christian men! If you take time to read their profiles, you might even think that they are the fourth person in the trinity....lol

You know what i think? I guess CDFF management should create race barriers too(for example, you must be white or African or whatever...)...lol

Just kidding!! This is a christian site so we got to love one another.

Page : 1 2 3