Author Thread: West: too good to be true?
Admin

West: too good to be true?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 08:11 PM

Hi everyone, I decided to raise this issue because I came across and heard from friends,asians the way how the westerners especially men thinks too good of themselves. Why do they seem to forget 'NOT just westerners but the whole human race is created in the image of God?' And we as christians, aren't we supposed to be anti-discrimination?

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 10:46 AM

I have no problem dating outside of my race or outside of my country. I would have a problem living in a another country,though. From talking to men who have done so, it seems that Americans that live in poor countries are thought of as rich and that makes them targets for theft and murder.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:19 AM

LOL SHAMAH. YOU ROCK!!! Very funny:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:25 AM

Hmmm Apostelle... If I were you I wouldn't live with pre-concieved notions until I go see/feel/experience such things. Its baseless excuses I would say.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:34 AM

CuriousAisha. Not exactly baseless. I frequent a site that is dedicated to men who have married women from a certain foreign country. I found the site after I began looking into moing to that country because several ladies from there messaged me.

Several times they have posted news stories about how "foreign" men were targetted. In one case, a German born man was robbed, beaten, and stabbed to death in his home there. Some of the advice they gave to men thinking about moving there was to not live in "too nice" of a home. Not to display money. Not to drive a new car. Things like that.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:38 AM

moving, not moing

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 12:33 PM

Ah! I see @ Apostelle. I read one such real story in a Reader's Digest magazine. That was a shame and real sad. But, robbery,theft,murder could happen to anyone anywhere if we aren't wise and careful! Also, I think a big lot depends on the environment you chose to live wherever it is. How about you try to read some success stories where they lived to be 80s or 100s for a change? Lol.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 01:24 PM

Almost all the men on the site live in another country. Some were married while they were stationed there and moved back after they retired. I consider them sucess stories. But, it doesnt change the fact that they are targetted. Even the police will pull them over and only let them go after they recieve a small bribe. The men on the site refer to it as "coffee money".

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 01:44 AM

uh oh! Then probably they made a mistake in choosing the right one. Because, I believe a spouse you can trust is enough to care for you to the end,either forieng or in their own soil.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 02:43 AM

There is no problem with their choice of spouse. Their choice of location is where they made a mistake. It is insane to live somewhere where it is impossible to "blend in". It is insane to live somewhere where everyone thinks you are rich, therefore making yourself a target.

It is one thing to die for God. It is the height of stupidity to die for the perception of social/political correctness.

Page : 1 2 3