Author Thread: Any other gamers?
firefalldown27

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 15 Mar, 2012 11:01 AM

I play Everquest II (but it doesn't consume my life, I promise) and I wonder if anyone else likes to play.

Everything is more fun with company! Except for maybe a root canal. I'm not sure that can be improved at all.

i_am_elaine

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2012 09:45 PM

I love android games... and typing games... before i used to love plants vs. zombies

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 2 May, 2012 08:44 PM

Guild Wars anyone?

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 20 May, 2012 04:17 AM

I love any game that has a strong narrative. Games that I consider to have strong narratives tend to be adventure games (maybe it is because of my limited exposure due to limited time). My favorites include the Uncharted series and the Mass Effect series (though the ending has several problems). I am also a big fan of Star WArs games.

Though generally adventure games are predictable since they usually reuse the Hero's Journey plot elaborated on by Joseph Campbell, I still play them. I guess I like the predictability a bit. May have to do with the idea that one's avatar is an extension of the player's body whether the story is given or not. It may be a reason why people love playing games with the Hero's Journey. Too bad the genre is often gendered, involving the objectification of many female characters (ie. Lara Croft and Miranda from Mass Effect). Though I get distracted by it, sometimes I could ignore it and then rant later like I do now.

Okay, now I'm generalizing.

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 21 May, 2012 06:40 AM

Heroes in the Sky :D

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 21 May, 2012 02:07 PM

Rollercoaster Tycoon count?

feder

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 10:26 PM

RPGs (mostly JRPGs) and adventure games! I mostly like Nintendo and Sony systems.

View Profile
History
Any other gamers?
Posted : 15 Sep, 2012 06:55 PM

Rome total war? I love hiring barbarian mercenaries and then using them as meat shields.