Author Thread: Praise God!!
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Praise God!!
Posted : 25 Mar, 2012 03:04 AM

I don't visit this site much anymore....I joined a few years ago and while I thought maybe I'd find someone on this site I clung to the promises of God...that it is not good for man to be alone and that if we delight ourselves in the His ways, He will bring us the desires of our hearts. Last June I met my Xette on this site..I was just scanning for friends. At the time I thought..wow, she is pretty...and I wasn't even sure if I should email her or not..but I reminded myself, "Neal, you are just looking for friends..." and so I emailed her...in the weeks that followed, what had started as a friendship become much more...the more we talked the more I couldn't stop thinking about her. On June 27th, I asked her to commit to being in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship...some thought this strange because she is from the Philippines...but I assure you..our commitment to each was and is still very strong! :) Over the following months as our love grew we started to plan a trip, where I would visit her and meet her family...I was extrememly nervous because, one, I would be meeting her family and two, because I had never really travelled anywhere and had never flown before....I remember having such a peace during my trip and will say without a doubt, I know that God was with me. When I finally landed in Manila, knowing she was there waiting for me, I became very anxious to see her...a little nervous... :) We were on the phone with each other, trying to meet up in the airport waiting area....when I saw her face to face for the first time...WOW!!!! I will NEVER forget her eyes and her bright smile! Absolutely gorgeous! As we shared that short week together, we found that our love was strong and pure.....I asked her to marry me....she said yes!! :) :) :) :) We are now currently awaiting for the visa process to be approved.....God is so good!! She is everything and so much more of what I was hoping for....on her profile on this site she states that for our first date we would attend her church, and we did :) (it was an awesome experience for me!) I miss her like crazy but am trusting God that in His perfect time, her visa will be granted and we can be together again, to share the rest of our lives together as one in our Lord and Saviour, Jesus the Christ... :)

View Profile
History
Praise God!!
Posted : 25 Mar, 2012 02:20 PM

stormcountry,

Wow! Thanks for sharing your beautiful story and congratulations. Finding that special someone on this site is possible, when it's all left in the Lord's hands. I'm very happy for you two. Praise the Lord! and God bless...Kay:glow:

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Praise God!!
Posted : 25 Mar, 2012 03:46 PM

Thanks Kay! :)

View Profile
History
Praise God!!
Posted : 27 Jun, 2012 10:51 PM

Good for you man! It's great to hear about an experience like this. God Bless you both and your family going forward. Good Luck!