Author Thread: Prayer please :)
Simp1eKindofMan^

View Profile
History
Prayer please :)
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 10:35 AM

Most of my requests within prayer are normally requests for others, that His Will be done and His Will is evident for the person to see. I understand that some times, we want something to go a certain way but it isn't in accordance to His Will. So when I pray, I ask that His Will is noticed so that they may glorify Him.

With this said, I'd like to humbly request a prayer on my own behalf. I have realized recently that the Lord has set a direction for my life, and that is to be a servant. He helped me realize that all of my life, He has been equipping me w/ knowledge, wisdom, a heart, and the Holy Spirit. Now it's time to put that equipment to good use. I have surrendered and He is still molding me in His image. I'd like His Will to be evident to me on how I shall serve Him. The desires of my heart are to help others, in Christ.. thus I personally would LOVE to be a Christian/Pastoral Counselor. I am investigating some college coursework down this path, but it's confusing because there is also coursework for certification as a Christian Counselor through the National Christian Counselor Association? I'm also financially challenged, so I don't have a clue as to how I would pay for whatever I end up doing. :)

So I guess that I'd like to humbly request a prayer. I could use some doorways to start opening that are evident as being from Him. I just ask that His Will is shown so that I may walk through the doorway. If I do not receive direction, then I know that I am to remain still and wait on Him. If this is His Will (to wait and be still), then I'd like this to be evident as well. When I say evident, I'd like 3 confirmations either way.. and would prefer to receive them through His Word, from a brother/sister in-Christ, bible study, Sunday service, from the Holy Spirit, etc.

My purpose was shown to me and was evident from the Lord via His Word and the Holy Spirit working through things such as bible study, prayer service, Sunday service, etc:

I have been equipping you your entire life.

Your purpose is to be a servant.

Go into the land of Egypt (the world).

Reveal Christ.

After this, I talked to my Pastor. Explained that I have a large heart, I strive when helping others, and I want to do something with the wisdom/knowledge and tools that He has equipped me with. He suggested counseling, which was already on my mind. So I definitely feel the pull in this direction.

Ok, that's about it. Be still and know that I am God. Patience and perseverance is what I also need. It's the least I can do since He is patient and perseveres with this sinner. Praise God.

Thanks all. With Love in Christ,

joseph

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 11:34 AM

www.trinity-edu.com

Trinity Institute of Christian Counseling. They allow you to train online, or through correspondence. They are accredited, and have many degree plans to choose from.

Blessings,

Leon

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 12:46 PM

Lord I just pray that you would open doors that no man can shut. In all that he desires would come to pass, for it is what your desire is what he has chosen. Your will be done,and because it is yours and pray that you take care of the finacial end to