Author Thread
lifethatwins

View Profile
FAITH ALONE OR WITH WORKS?
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 01:56 PM

faith without works is dead, and works without faith is dead. anything the Lord has worked within that we work without is faith, anything he has not worked within and we have worked out is under the law. Ill give you an example in my own life, the Lord told me he is going to teach me how to love everyone, in word for word statement, I asked the Lord when was I going to get free, he said when I learn to love everyone, > I took that to mean every one I met I was to love, though true in his content, it still had to be worked in me to do so before I tried out of myself to love every single human being on the face of the earth, I did the same with the gospeel preaching even after the Spirits presence had left, once again only working out why he actually worked in is all that he expects from me

lifethatwins

View Profile
I don't get the "fear" God thing....
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 02:43 PM

Theirs the fear of the Lord which comes from God, and than theirs fear which comes from us, The Lord want us to fear him but he does not want us to be afraid of him, because fear makes us run from him and love makes us run towards him

lifethatwins

View Profile
"Pulling the plug"
Posted : 20 Apr, 2009 05:18 PM

another wise answer,it is up to the Lord when to take us home or not

lifethatwins

View Profile
"Pulling the plug"
Posted : 20 Apr, 2009 05:15 PM

a great response Jethro keep up the wisdom

lifethatwins

View Profile
Giving Up
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 06:12 PM

i never had anything for at least 35 years, i can relate. but its just things, I havent got to the place where i have counted all things as dung for the excellency of knowing him, Though Ive been promised, to be free from such things. Im waiting on him,until that day

lifethatwins

View Profile
is knowing Christ and acumulating knowledge the same thing
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 03:17 PM

also if you know him you know the bible, if you know the bible as you said yourself you many not neccesarily know him thanks again for the imput, Gods best Mike

lifethatwins

View Profile
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 03:14 PM

I believe that spiritual revelation is the real knowledge that makes you grow and that is concerning both your daily life and the scriptures. And Jesus open their understanding that they might understand, thanks for your imput

lifethatwins

View Profile
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 10:05 AM

Sorry I put this in the wrong category, but maybe its not, will see soon

lifethatwins

View Profile
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 09:58 AM

The Lord says knowledge puffs up , but love edifies. How can that be some would say, does it not say study to show yourself approved. actually the word dilligent to show yourself approved, this makes a lot more sense. when you consider that spiritual knowledge, is revealed by the Holy Spirit, it is not accuracy that were after, it is the truth, and Jesus is that truth. Have you not read Jesus said the words I spieak they are Spirtit and life, before that he said the letter kills but the Spirit gives life. so bible knowledge in itself, commentaries etc mean nothing unless the Holy Spirit has led you into the truth, For it is not the bible that leads us into all truth But the Holy Spirit conserning the scriptures and our lives leads into the Truth , WHich is our first love Jesus CHrist

lifethatwins

View Profile
Is Baptism necessary for Salvation?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 02:24 PM

good response Linnie

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6