Author Thread: Happy Ressurection Day
dljrn04

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 8 Apr, 2012 06:47 AM

Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen

HE IS RISEN !!!

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 8 Apr, 2012 04:06 PM

He is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 8 Apr, 2012 04:20 PM

Happy Resurrection Day to all.

He is risen. .:glow:

Matt775

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 11 Apr, 2012 11:31 AM

Actually, Y'Shua (Jesus) wasn't crucified on a Friday and therefore was not raised from the dead on a Sunday. God shows in the scriptures how to calculate this, and its impossible for

it to have happened from Friday to Sunday. If anyone wants

the scriptures, then send me a message. You'll be surprised

at what the Holy Bible really says.

Matt

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 11 Apr, 2012 02:38 PM

Hello Matt,

Welcome to the forum. I celebrate Resurrection day on the first day of the week. Luke 24:1 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. I believe Sunday to be the first day of the week.

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 11 Apr, 2012 05:04 PM

:applause:...Yaaaaa...:bouncy:....Also...Mat 28:1, Mark 16:2 & 9, John 20:1 & 19...

Israel Calendar ~ Days and Weeks

The Jewish day begins at sunset. The status of the period between sunset (the disappearance of the sun behind the horizon) and nightfall (the emergence of three medium-sized stars) is doubtful. For some purposes, it is treated as part of the previous day, e.g. at the end of Shabbat, when the prohibition of creative activities (melacha) remains in force until nightfall.

1. yom rishon = "first day" = (Sunday) *** :yay:

2. yom sheni = "second day" = (Monday)

3. yom sh'lishi = "third day" = (Tuesday)

4. yom revi'i = "fourth day" = (Wednesday)

5. yom chamishi = "fifth day" = (Thursday)

6. yom shishi = "sixth day" = (Friday)

xo

Matt775

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 11 Apr, 2012 08:37 PM

Hello, DLJ, the thing you are missing is that at that time they kept watches for each day. 12 Day Watches and 12 Night Watches, in other words, 24 hours. Now add up the fact that

Y'Shua said he would be in the grave "three days and three nights" adds up to 72 hours. You can't count 72 hours from Friday to Sunday, its impossible. I said that I can show he

was crucified on a Wednesday and therefor resurrected on

a Saturday by the Holy Bible. Take me up on it, and, like I

said, the Bible reveals the Truth.

Matt

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 16 Apr, 2012 09:52 PM

Yahshua was crucified on Passover and He rose on Firstfruits. I believe He was crucified on Thursday, and He rose on Sunday.

Matt775

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 17 Apr, 2012 09:01 PM

Ok, TorahKeeper, I respect that. But what you are saying is impossible. That Thursday was a High Day and they wouldn't

be crucifying anyone on a High Day. The events show that he

was/had to be crucified on a Wednesday and therefore rose on

a Saturday--clearly 72 hours after. And besides that, for your scenario to work out the whole day of Sunday had to have come

to pass. But as Luke 24:1 says it was the beginning of Sunday, not the end of it. There is not 72 hours between Thursday and the beginning of Sunday.

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 18 Apr, 2012 04:08 AM

Why would Thursday have to be a Sabbaton? Wasn't Friday a Sabbaton? Then after that was the weekly Sabbath. If He was crucified on Wednesday, that would mean that the women rested on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Why would they wait so long? If Thursday was a Sabbaton, then Friday would have been a work day. Why then did the women rest on that day, and wait until Sunday to go to the tomb?

Blessings

Matt775

View Profile
History
Happy Ressurection Day
Posted : 18 Apr, 2012 09:00 AM

Hello, TorahKeeper, the reason why Friday wasn't the High Day is for the same reason I gave before. One can't calculate 72 hours between a Thursday Passover, a Friday High Day, and

a weekly Sabbath on Saturday. For there to be 72 hours Sunday would had to have ended not began. So therefore Luke 24:1 reads it was the beginning of the second day of the week, or

Monday. Count the days and the hours and a Thursday Passover

to the beginning of Monday is 72 hours.

This is the same scenario that happened this year when Passover was in line with Good Friday. However, the problem with the modern view is that the resurrection is one day short, on a Sunday. A Friday Passover this year means a resurrection at

the end of Monday. That is 72 hours. You can go online and

find Hebrew calendars that give any scenario for when Passover

is. What I have been taught is the key is the 72 hours, or three days and three nights like Y'Shua said. Take Passover on a Monday, what is 72 hours later? Take it on a Tuesday, and so

forth.

Page : 1 2